!!! Bengals 2019 THIRD Round pick LB Germaine Pratt !!! #72

Looking forward to see how this draft plays out overall, but this guy is quickly becoming my favorite "can't wait to see" guy.   Definitely hungry for a stud linebacker on this team.   Burfict was a big tease, but could not get out of his own way.    

17 hours ago, Phatcat said:

Looking forward to see how this draft plays out overall, but this guy is quickly becoming my favorite "can't wait to see" guy.   Definitely hungry for a stud linebacker on this team.   Burfict was a big tease, but could not get out of his own way.    

Yeah, the more I read, the more I like him.  

34 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

So they graded him better in coverage than 80% of the LB's attending NC State last season that were also eligible for the draft.   Uh.. how many of those were there?  I guess 5, assuming top fifth corresponds to sample size in some some way.  I realize that PFF's math is basically "pick a number between 1-10 but add 2 decimal places for science" but still.  What are they even trying to say here?

33 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

So they graded him better in coverage than 80% of the LB's attending NC State last season that were also eligible for the draft.   Uh.. how many of those were there?  I guess 5, assuming top fifth corresponds to sample size in some some way.  I realize that PFF's math is basically "pick a number between 1-10 but add 2 decimal places for science" but still.  What are they even trying to say here?

They're saying his pass coverage grade was 78.9. That puts Pratt at 33 out of 180 draft eligible linebackers who had at least 250 snaps in coverage.

50 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

They're saying his pass coverage grade was 78.9. That puts Pratt at 33 out of 180 draft eligible linebackers who had at least 250 snaps in coverage.

Right, based on their highly mathematical formula best described as "78.9 is a number".  

9 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Keep in mind only 32 LBs were drafted and 20 of them were drafted in the 4th round or later. It’s hard to determine if the number 78.9 is even meaningful without seeing everyone else’s grade.  

Archived