!!! Bengals 2019 FOURTH Round pick OL Michael Jordan !!! #136

1 hour ago, akiliMVP said:

9th percentile. He had 19 reps. Really bad for an OL but better than 9 ☺

....and I believe we both know that bench press reps mean exactly "jack squat" as far as blocking and anchoring.   Doesn't mean much for punch blocking either, as it is a sudden brief impact force that has little to nothing to do with the ability to give repeated gradual  efforts multiple times.  IF they did the Bodine would have blown everybody off the ball and NOT repeatedly pushed back into the pocket.  I believe he did 43.

Jordan is a very interesting prospect.  He's the first true freshman since Orlando Pace to start at OSU on the oline.  Meyer had him fill the Eiflein/Price role and switched him from guard to center last year.  He checks all the boxes in terms of size and length.  If Taylor and Turner don't screw it up, I think Jordan will probably be a long term starter possibly replacing Boling.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

If I’ve learned anything in my life it’s that if Michael Jordan is one of your guards you are going to score a lot of points and win a lot of championships. 

:lol: 

A serious question though: even though I don't follow OSU football very much--although living around the Mother Ship, one can't help but notice the players since they are on all of the time--what is your appraisal of this fellow?

Mine is that he is a unpolished gem. I even think he could develop into a good tackle at the next level...granted he would be on paper a better guard. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

A serious question though: even though I don't follow OSU football very much--although living around the Mother Ship, one can't help but notice the players since they are on all of the time--what is your appraisal of this fellow?

Mine is that he is a unpolished gem. I even think he could develop into a good tackle at the next level...granted he would be on paper a better guard. 

He was good enough to start his first game as a true freshman. He is definitely best suited to guard.  His Relative Athletic Score as a guard was 7.97 which is good (average is 5, elite is 9), but is position specific, so would be lower at tackle.  He has the length to be a tackle and may be a serviceable RT in a pinch, but he could be a good guard.  Not sure he will ever be a Pro Bowl kind of guy but he will be solid to above average.

They moved him to center last fall but it was a mistake. They redshirted a highly recruited center while Jordan had snap issues. His natural position is guard and he's very good there. I don't know much about Miller other than he started on a bad Bills O-line. But I'd expect Jordan to win a roster spot and maybe the starting spot at RG by the end of the year.

Archived