2019 Bengals Draft Class. Thoughts, Reactions and Grades

50 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Actually it is close to franchise crippling. Because we signed a grossly inadequate Bobby Hart, we had to use a high pick on a tackle. Instead of upgrading at the more important QB position, we'll go into yet another season with Dalton rather than Watson, Mahomes, Haskins, etc.

We needed to spend a high pick on OT regardless, we didn't have a healthy starter on the roster.  They tried to draft a second one from the sound of things.

That 4th round QB could develop into a starter by next year, when the offense is hopefully stable enough for it to matter.  If not we can draft one then & they should be at least as good a prospect as anyone in this year's class.  We couldn't keep ignoring the OL and expect to go anywhere, Dalton or not. 

56 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Actually it is close to franchise crippling. Because we signed a grossly inadequate Bobby Hart, we had to use a high pick on a tackle. Instead of upgrading at the more important QB position, we'll go into yet another season with Dalton rather than Watson, Mahomes, Haskins, etc.

Haskins?  Maybe he should get a few games under his belt before you proclaim him better than Andy.  

7 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

The NFL just announced that Vontaze Burfict will never ever be suspended again. 

Wouldn't surprise me.

As soon as he went to LA Oakland Vegas Pahrump the narrative changed, he's immediately chumming around with Antonio Brown and feeding stray kittens.  He could easily be declared redeemed in short order & be back in the Pro Bowl, if he can still put his helmet on without getting a headache.  I think everyone kind of sees Goodell as the bad joke you're forced to laugh at because he's the boss, but my concern as a Raider fan would be Burdock's health. 

Have to admit I'm glad he's someone else's problem, at least until I see our LB's missing tackles again. 

17 hours ago, westside bengal said:

The NFL just announced that Vontaze Burfict will never ever be suspended again. 

What would be the point? He will be seen as gritty and hard-nosed now instead of a dirty cheap shot artist.  Much to the Raider fans' dismay.

22 hours ago, T-Dub said:

We needed to spend a high pick on OT regardless, we didn't have a healthy starter on the roster.  They tried to draft a second one from the sound of things.

That 4th round QB could develop into a starter by next year, when the offense is hopefully stable enough for it to matter.  If not we can draft one then & they should be at least as good a prospect as anyone in this year's class.  We couldn't keep ignoring the OL and expect to go anywhere, Dalton or not. 

But we effectively ignored the O-line by signing trash like Hart and Miller. If we'd gone for quality over quantity, we'd be better off. We should fill most of our holes in free agency so we can go into the draft free to take the best players, not have to fill needs. Bengals started offseason about 49 mil under the cap and are now about 23 mil under. So we spent about half our funds and didn't get much from it. We got 6 mil in cap relief for cutting Burfict. We could have used that 32 mil to sign Dennard, Jesse James, Trent Brown/Juwaun James, and a better linebacker than Preston Brown. Plus various cheap veterans like Josh Shaw, Jake Ryan, Dontrelle Inman, Joe Barksdale, etc.

Archived