UDFAs...Who do you want?

7 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

No kickers anywhere?

Are they that happy with Randy?

Not even some one to give him a breather if not competition?

There's a PK named Tristan Vizcaino.

Really must be serious about running the ball,  Outside of Morgan they haven't addressed WR in UFA while adding about 50 RB's.  Marv & Co. used to stock up on UFA FAs just to share the training camp load.  I think that Morgan has a decent shot at making the squad, but I'd still like to see them add a vet wideout FA.  After Green, Boyd & Erickson, no one in that room wows me (jury's still out on Malone).

10 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

No kickers anywhere?

Are they that happy with Randy?

Not even some one to give him a breather if not competition?

It seems as if the coaching staff and front office are giving a lot of the guys from last years roster a legitimate chance to make the roster.  

You don't normally see this little turnover from a new coaching staff, normally they have their guys but that's one of the plus/minuses with this staff.

The Bengals were 4-1 with this roster minus a few draft picks before the injuries started to pile up, if they can stay healthy and get something out of the young guys the could have success next year.  

From what I've been able to read, it seems like Morgan is the best UDFA the Bengals signed and he's the most likely to make the 53 man roster.  He was second team All BIG10 each of the last two years and leaves Nebraska with numerous school records.  I have no doubt he can outperform a bunch of the WR who got picked and I bet he's motivated to do so.

The other UDFA to keep an eye on is QB Jacob Dolegala.  Small school prospect with plus size and good athleticism.  He was productive throwing and running and I can see him being stashed in the practice squad.

Archived