A.J. Green enjoying life with an offensive-minded head coach

On 5/4/2019 at 7:12 AM, T-Dub said:

Nope.  Before the massacre that was last season he'd missed 2 games in his career.

So what "bullshit" did he endure here? Were they mean to him in the lunch line?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a-j-green-unsure-of-his-future-with-the-cincinnati-bengals/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

More from AJ - who is quite chatty all of a sudden:

It's different to have your head coach be in the office and meeting room going through every play, every detail to every guy, telling you why you need to run this way or what this concept is, it's just a little different, but it's fun and it's awesome because he's so smart and so detailed."

"Coach Lewis was a great guy, he turned this franchise around and got us headed in the right direction. Zac, he's young, he's a high-energy guy, no dull moments in the meeting rooms, you always gotta be on your toes with him because he's gonna ask you a question and you have to know the answer to it or you just gonna look stupid in front of the team, so he's always keeping everyone on their toes and that's what we love about him."

None of that sounds especially awesome with respect to the former coach...lol.

10 hours ago, JC said:

So what "bullshit" did he endure here? Were they mean to him in the lunch line?

Let's say you get hired at a restaurant as a dishwasher.  You report to this famous line chef, won a bunch of awards, everyone loves him.  You're thinking you can learn a lot from this guy, maybe move out of the dish pit eventually.  

Weekend comes, restaurant is packed, and the hero line chef doesn't show up.  He's gone all weekend & you end up working double shifts, covering for him the entire time.

Monday comes and he rolls into the kitchen and everyone acts like nothing happened.  You're back in the dish pit and the staff are kissing his ass.  "Oh so glad to see you again, award-winning Chef No-Show!"

Next weekend, same thing.  Chef is nowhere to be found, you're busting your ass doing both of your jobs.  Monday, here he is again like nothing happened.  And then again the weekend after that, and the one after that.  It's cool though, you're getting valuable experience and becoming a pretty good cook yourself, even if you're not winning awards at least you show up every weekend.  Thing is, you're still getting paid and treated like the dishwasher.

Meanwhile, the guy that never shows up? He keeps getting raises.  The restaurant owners act like he's still winning awards when all he does is show up to collect his check.  Promoting you is out of the question.

How long would you put up with that before you found another job?

23 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Let's say you get hired at a restaurant as a dishwasher.  You report to this famous line chef, won a bunch of awards, everyone loves him.  You're thinking you can learn a lot from this guy, maybe move out of the dish pit eventually.  

Weekend comes, restaurant is packed, and the hero line chef doesn't show up.  He's gone all weekend & you end up working double shifts, covering for him the entire time.

Monday comes and he rolls into the kitchen and everyone acts like nothing happened.  You're back in the dish pit and the staff are kissing his ass.  "Oh so glad to see you again, award-winning Chef No-Show!"

Next weekend, same thing.  Chef is nowhere to be found, you're busting your ass doing both of your jobs.  Monday, here he is again like nothing happened.  And then again the weekend after that, and the one after that.  It's cool though, you're getting valuable experience and becoming a pretty good cook yourself, even if you're not winning awards at least you show up every weekend.  Thing is, you're still getting paid and treated like the dishwasher.

Meanwhile, the guy that never shows up? He keeps getting raises.  The restaurant owners act like he's still winning awards when all he does is show up to collect his check.  Promoting you is out of the question.

Kroft started 11 games in 2016. He starred 16 games in 2017 and was the #1 TE most of the season after Eifert was hurt. He only caught 42 passes for 402 yards.

Last year he played in 5 games until he was lost for the season due to injury.   He was on a rookie deal so why would they ever pay him more?  

He just signed a 3 year deal worth $18.7mil with $9mil guaranteed.  The Bengals will control Drew Sample for 4 years for only $5.3mil. The Bengals did nothing wrong. Kroft had his shot and underperformed.  Your analogy makes no sense. 

Without Eifert, Kroft wasn't even the best TE on the roster.  Uzomah hasn't even scratched the service and is already a better TE than Kroft.  They re-signed the correct TEs and Uzomah came at the same price.  Get that nonsense with Kroft outta here, I don't even have to think back that far to remember when he had a serious case of the dropsies.  Hope he has fun in Buffalo.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

He just signed a 3 year deal worth $18.7mil with $9mil guaranteed.  

Good, I'm happy for him.

Hopefully they give Sample the snaps to get him comfortable before he has to start in Week 3.

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Good, I'm happy for him.

Hopefully they give Sample the snaps to get him comfortable before he has to start in Week 3.

Yeah! Tyler Eifert injury joke! I get it!!!!1

Your disdain is so weird. The guy has always made peanuts. They've always had two adequate backups behind him. Some of his injuries had been some of the flukiest shit I've ever seen. He's a difference maker when he plays. Did you get denied trying to get a picture with him while he was out to dinner with his family?

2 hours ago, JC said:

Yeah! Tyler Eifert injury joke! I get it!!!!1

Your disdain is so weird. The guy has always made peanuts. They've always had two adequate backups behind him. Some of his injuries had been some of the flukiest shit I've ever seen. He's a difference maker when he plays. Did you get denied trying to get a picture with him while he was out to dinner with his family?

The Bengals currently have $1.7mil invested in Eifert for the year.  If he stays healthy and makes the roster that number jumps to $3.05mil.  He then has to play games to get paid more but if he plays all 16 its an additional $1.3 mil.   

The Bills just gave Tyler Kroft $9.05mil in guaranteed money for an average at best TE coming off a season ending injury.  Sorry, the Bengals made the right choice, they moved on from an overpriced TE,  drafted his replacement at 1/4 the cost and signed an all-pro level talent (albeit injury prone) for peanuts.  

16 hours ago, T-Dub said:

To be completely honest, your analogy sucks ass and is completely ridiculous.  Kroft was never asked to be anything other than a tight end here, he was promoted to the starting line-up and he left after his rookie contract ended.

You make it sound like Eifert wasn't busting his ass during practices and meetings, wasn't working hard to rehab and get back from the injuries, and just flew off to Vegas or somewhere for the weekends when the games are played.  Eifert never checked out, never stopped working, he didn't bad mouth the organization, the coaches or the players.  He didn't blame anyone else, he got hurt.  He didn't create any drama, cause problems or go out, get drunk and smack a few bitches around.  From everything any of us can see, he was a good teammate, worked his ass off and said that he wanted to be here and give the fans what they've been hoping for.  None of us will be surprised if it doesn't happen though, but we all hope it does because he is a difference maker when he's healthy and on the field.

We get it though.  You can't forgive him for stupid shit like being concussed by a head hunting Mike Mitchell, or having his leg snap in half or any of the other freaky things that happened to him.  Sorry your boy Kroft went someplace else for a whole lot of cash but he was never more than just a good, solid player here.  He was never the difference maker that Eifert was.  Everyone I know of would have preferred that he was still here, but nobody begrudges him going out and getting the contract that he did.  If Eifert had never been injured all the time, then he'd have never had the chance to start as many games as he did.  So if nothing else, the "bullshit" he endured and suffered through here got him a nice pile of dough.

Eifert's 2015 season alone beats all of Kroft's entire career with the team.

Circle the wagons, Eifert Defenders!  Surely this is the year he stays healthy!  Or if not, next year, or the year after that.  Never give up! The important thing here is that 2015 was almost great and we should live in the past forever.  Burfict missed too many games though.

:lmao:

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Circle the wagons, Eifert Defenders!  Surely this is the year he stays healthy!  Or if not, next year, or the year after that.  Never give up! The important thing here is that 2015 was almost great and we should live in the past forever.

I hope the guy has a great season and helps us win at least a playoff game. But, I’ve seen this movie before. I just hope he stays healthy and retires while he can still walk under his own power. 

10 minutes ago, whodey? said:

I hope the guy has a great season and helps us win at least a playoff game. But, I’ve seen this movie before. I just hope he stays healthy and retires while he can still walk under his own power. 

They'll just bring him back again next year.  For some reason it's the only thing that excites this jaded-ass fanbase.

New head coach and a draft that finally makes some attempt at fixing the shit OL that has held them back for years?  BORRRR-ING.

Broke-dick TE that hasn't been relevant since Caitlyn Jenner?  And you say he's coming back for yet another year on the IR?  HAND ME THE PHONE KAREN - THERE'S STILL TIME TO GET SEASON TICKETS FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY!

It's definitely strange.

I hope the guy has a great season and helps us win at least a playoff game.

Sure, I do too, but I mean..  He's not.  That really shouldn't be such a controversial opinion at this point.

35 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Circle the wagons, Eifert Defenders!  Surely this is the year he stays healthy!  Or if not, next year, or the year after that.  Never give up! The important thing here is that 2015 was almost great and we should live in the past forever.  Burfict missed too many games though.

:lmao:

Yeah!!! Haha! Got em!!!!!!

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

They'll just bring him back again next year.  For some reason it's the only thing that excites this jaded-ass fanbase.

New head coach and a draft that finally makes some attempt at fixing the shit OL that has held them back for years?  BORRRR-ING.

Broke-dick TE that hasn't been relevant since Caitlyn Jenner?  And you say he's coming back for yet another year on the IR?  HAND ME THE PHONE KAREN - THERE'S STILL TIME TO GET SEASON TICKETS FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY!

It's definitely strange.

Sure, I do too, but I mean..  He's not.  That really shouldn't be such a controversial opinion at this point.

Today is the Day!!

On 5/3/2019 at 12:02 AM, T-Dub said:

I seriously doubt any coach is that interested in a player that's only available for 2-3 games at the start of the season, no matter how good they are..  plus it's a terrible message to be sending to the rest of the team out there taking the hits in practice.   "Yeah sorry all you guys out there busting your ass in the heat every day & never missing a game but this fucking china doll that hasn't been relevant since 2015 is more important than you"

I hope Kroft tears it up in Buffalo, he deserves it after the bullshit here

What the fuck do you have against Eifert? Seriously, it’s some borderline creepy obsessive shit, you know that, right?

Those PA bombs to AJ could be easy if the line steps up.  

No one is trying to say anything bad about Marvin but some of this stuff..  It really does sound like he'd mentally checked out or something?  He seemed confused in those scrub game broadcasts, too.  He'd been in a sort of bubble here as far as where the game is headed these days.  I hope we get his take on his time here eventually.   I'd like to know who put the raccoon in Carson's locker & who had OchoCinco in a figure-4 leglock in '05.

If the Bengals get production out of Eifert, it’s a bonus. They know that.

The choice the Bengals made was not “Eifert or Kroft.” The choice was Uzomah or Kroft. They chose Uzomah. They didn’t give the guy $18mil over three years to be a backup - not to backup Eifert or anybody else.

C.J. Uzomah will get the lion’s share of the snaps, with Eifert and Sample playing situationally. If Eifert goes off, maybe he gets starter money somewhere in 2020. It won’t be in Cincinnati, though. They’ve committed to Uzomah for the next three years.

If you think the Bengals got it wrong by choosing Uzomah over Kroft, tell us why. But the idea that they should have kept both of them - for the dollars it would have cost - is silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Big Alice said:

If the Bengals get production out of Eifert, it’s a bonus. They know that.

The choice the Bengals made was not “Eifert or Kroft.” The choice was Uzomah or Kroft. They chose Uzomah. They didn’t give the guy $18mil over three years to be a backup - not to backup Eifert or anybody else.

C.J. Uzomah will get the lion’s share of the snaps, with Eifert and Sample playing situationally. If Eifert goes off, maybe he gets starter money somewhere in 2020. It won’t be in Cincinnati, though. They’ve committed to Uzomah for the next three years.

If you think the Bengals got it wrong by choosing Uzomah over Kroft, tell us why. But the idea that they should have kept both of them - for the dollars it would have cost - is silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Didn't you see? We owe him backpay and a raise working as a line chef in the cafeteria. Uzomah never worked as a line chef. Decided he'd spend his extra time working on the jugs machine.

Archived