Sign in to follow this  
Cat

Visiting Cincinnati area with family

Cat: imagine a combination of Taco Cabana meets Jack-In-The-Box chili, and it pretty much sums up what is being described above. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

You seem confused sir, would you like more Fritos in your ranch dressing burrito?

Chicken-Bacon-Ranch.jpg

I guess the tomatoes make it healthy...

How anyone can think this looks appealing is beyond me.

20 hours ago, Cat said:

I'm posting updates because I am excited - if you are still reading this thread, hope you are interested.

Tour was way cool - though I was starting to get disappointed until we stepped on the field. Did 4 40 yard dash races with my sons... still beat them. Didn't get to go in the weight room, it was being used. Saw the new German fellow doing squats. Only got to see the visitor locker room, but still cool. Tour guide was a sweet lady named Sue.

Decided to have lunch at Moerlein. Really tasty. Based on what we've heard here, and your suggestions, going to pass on Montgomery Inn. I do like the sauce, but I can get that in Kroger in Houston. Boiled ribs are common and gross - they do it because the meat falls off the bone. Pass.

Will probably take the wife to Knockback Nats - have heard good things. Tomorrow will take the fam to Skyline.

Want to share with you some pics of our trip to Koch's. So you all know I didn't come here to fuck around.

Jtyxo0KNHvrvXF-dpwtbaZrM_xPA-jeJKnkexnt7

Not sure about anyone else, but I just see blank boxes (no images).

2 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

damn, sorry guys - I thought they showed up. Having trouble getting them to show without uploading from my laptops as attachments instead of pics. My above is about a 2 second video, which my be my proudest in my last 5 years or so. 

Appreciate all the suggestions and comments. Went to some dive place downtown for breakfast, had goetta and egg sandwich, which I'd never had before. Really enjoyed it. Then went to the Newport Aquarium. Was nice, but more crowded than my liking. Ended up at Skyline for lunch, and to my surprise, the kids loved it. Wanted to get Gold Star or Blue Ash, or one of those that you guys suggested, but will have to wait until next time. Did get to the observation deck of Carew Tower also. These last 3 days just flew by.

4 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

It might not be a vacation spot but it is hard for me to come to Cincy and not make a trip to Jungle Jim's.

That was on our list too - but one of those we just ran out of time for. I hate grocery stores, but that seems more of an amusement park / exhibit than a grocery store.

Just now, Cat said:

That was on our list too - but one of those we just ran out of time for. I hate grocery stores, but that seems more of an amusement park / exhibit than a grocery store.

That's the way it would be me if my family was with me.  On the list as a filler but not as a main attraction.

But when I stop it's to buy a whole chub of Seltzer's Sweet Lebanon Bologna. 

2 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

The images showed up for up for me just fine.  He was flipping off several different stealer items/apparel.

1 hour ago, Cat said:

Sort of like Buc-ee's. I make a lot of trips between DFW and Houston when seeing relatives down there. That one on 45 at Madisonville is always a stop.