Bengals Eye Next Phase As Practice Beckons (OTAs thread)

5 hours ago, spicoli said:

yeah I was talking about Peyton Manning and his SB run rubbing off on Callahan..

This sort of contagious championship theory is much quoted in Bengaldom. You would think by now we've disproven it thoroughly enough.

no delusions of championships from this guy lol.....you've apparently confused me with some other homer.

we can only hope Callahan learned something from those winning days in Denver, that's all I'm talking about. 

27 minutes ago, spicoli said:

no delusions of championships from this guy lol.....you've apparently confused me with some other homer.

we can only hope Callahan learned something from those winning days in Denver, that's all I'm talking about. 

No I understand, just saying the Bengals FO puts a lot of stock in "this guy drove a car that once parked near the stadium where SB 9 was held!"  & that Marv's SB ring didn't amount to much for us.  The only time our defense looked anything near on par with his much-lauded Ravens SB run was when Zimmer was here.

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

No I understand, just saying the Bengals FO puts a lot of stock in "this guy drove a car that once parked near the stadium where SB 9 was held!"  & that Marv's SB ring didn't amount to much for us.  The only time our defense looked anything near on par with his much-lauded Ravens SB run was when Zimmer was here.

I care zero about what happened with this franchise pre-Taylor...what happens going forward is the only thing that matters.

6 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I care zero about what happened with this franchise pre-Taylor...what happens going forward is the only thing that matters.

IDK if it's quite a clean slate for me, what with the same FO in place, but I'm anxious to see what this new team looks like.  I don't think Taylor will get another decade-plus to fart around with average.

24 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I mean what else is there? past can't be changed.

nothing to do but hope for the best....or wallow in misery

That is a popular option with Bengals fans.  Daugherty has made a career off of them.

I mean, maybe it's just a different brand of awful but it was so overdue I will accept that for 1/2 a season at least.

11 hours ago, spicoli said:

I mean what else is there? past can't be changed.

nothing to do but hope for the best....or wallow in misery, I suppose.

whatever.

The past is for learning from. So it is important to see, regardless of the new 'reset' with ZT, if the team has actually learned anything on building a winner (or cares to). 

I think C.J. Uzomah mentioned the word fun 10 times today in describing Zac Taylor's method of teaching and John Ross said it's obvious you can see the differences in the room. Ross said these OTAs have felt like the best weeks of his career. Will post the quotes later.

https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/1133450546222903298

I'm not sure if this had been written before (maybe it was), but John Ross was at the dentist when the trade rumor popped up and said he basically looked at his phone to see 20 missed calls, including one from Taylor, that he couldn't respond to at the time.

https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/1133452977958735872

Archived