Cincinnati Reds, Cincinnati Bengals and postseason records by cities/regions since 2000

Playoffs? Playoffs?!

Check out this breakdown from the website Boston Sports Info:

Boston sports teams have been and continue to be on a roll. How good a roll you ask? Well, since the start of the 2000 season (2000-01 for NBA/NHL), the city has amassed 268 playoffs wins. Which happens to be the most wins by any city/region in North America, including those regions with more than 4 teams.

HERE is the list breaking down all cities.

Cincinnati is.....dead........last.

https://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/lance-mcalister/content/2019-05-18-reds-bengals-and-postseason-records-by-citiesregions-since-2000/?fbclid=IwAR0GTKsCL9LNzCmL3YGLkyep-SVKff55BUWpkW-wiRtK_X4zcFoXE5gERts

33 minutes ago, BENGALS666 said:

Fuckin Grizzlies are not Nashville..

Well if you subtract the Grizzlies, Nashville still has us by 52...and another city (Memphis) is added above us that has us by 27.  Keep it on the down low!! 

There should be an adjustment made for NHL and NBA regardless.  

NHL 16 of 31 teams make playoffs (51.6%) EACH series is best of 7!! Possible 16 wins per post season possible 

NBA 16 of 30 teams make playoffs (53.3%) EACH series is best of 7!! Possible 16 wins per post season possible

MLB 10 of 30 teams make playoffs (33.3%) 1st series is best of 5. Only 3 series per year so 11 post season wins possible.

NFL 12 of 32 teams make playoffs (37.5%)  Possible wins 4 (wildcard winner). 

The Pistons were the 8th seed in the western conference with a .500 record and had 4 shots at a playoff victory.  Its one and done in the NFL.

Cities don't win anything. This rubbish has always made me shake my head in disbelief. 

I always ask these questions, when the subjects of city franchise "history" is brought up:

Whose "history" do the Washington Nationals hold? Well, the Montreal Expos of course. 

OK, then who owns the "history" for the Washington Senators? Two cities: Minneapolis up to 1961 and Arlington Texas from 1972 on.    

Toss in Hoboken for winning while we are at it. Or Canton.

Naturally, all is a non sequitur. So is claiming superiority of cities who happen to have non-connected franchises win somewhat over the course of two decades.        

8 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Cities don't win anything. This rubbish has always made me shake my head in disbelief. 

I always ask these questions, when the subjects of city franchise "history" is brought up:

Whose "history" do the Washington Nationals hold? Well, the Montreal Expos of course. 

OK, then who owns the "history" for the Washington Senators? Two cities: Minneapolis up to 1961 and Arlington Texas from 1972 on.    

Toss in Hoboken for winning while we are at it. Or Canton.

Naturally, all is a non sequitur. So is claiming superiority of cities who happen to have non-connected franchises win somewhat over the course of two decades.        

Yeah but 2 lousy wins this Century and both coming in a division series loss to the San Fran Giants?  The math is almost impossible. 

Again: cities don't win or lose anything. 

How the hell does LA get to claim the Rams? Historically, they have been primarily centered in Los Angeles, tis true--other than the seasons when they were in Anaheim (but why doesn't that city get to claim them also?). And St. Louis also gets to claim them?    

spock-illogical.jpg

21 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Again: cities don't win or lose anything. 

How the hell does LA get to claim the Rams? Historically, they have been primarily centered in Los Angeles, tis true--other than the seasons when they were in Anaheim (but why doesn't that city get to claim them also?). And St. Louis also gets to claim them?    

spock-illogical.jpg

And Cleveland could claim them, for that matter, since they were originally the Cleveland Rams back in the 40's. 

Archived