Billy Price embracing comeback opportunity in second year

Billy Price embracing comeback opportunity in second year

usatsi_11667448-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=

107SHARES
 TWEET
 EMAIL

By: Chris Roling | May 25, 2019 12:21 pm ET

Volume 0%

Cincinnati Bengals center Billy Price sounds ready for a big turnaround as a sophomore.

Price’s journey to the NFL got off on the wrong foot with the pec injury suffered at the combine. He then made it into two games as Cincinnati’s starter at center before leaving with an injury. When he returned, Price had an up-and-down performance while also playing a part in Andy Dalton’s injury.

EmailSign up

Like this article?

Sign up for the Bengals Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning

Now he’s ready for Year 2 to be better.

“It’s nice. It is very, very nice,” Price said, according to Jay Morrison of The Athletic. “But it is a lot of responsibility. I have to make sure all of the rest of my guys are on the same page. I said it last year and didn’t live up to it.”

Like everyone else, Price is seeing plenty of changes to the Bengals under Zac Taylor. His line has been particularly hit hard in this department, with first-round pick Jonah Williams assuming left tackle, Cordy Glenn swinging to guard and free-agent add John Miller taking over on Price’s right.

It’s clear Price is taking a leadership role in this regard when it comes to getting guys on the same page. If he’s healthy, the time spent learning last year should help toward his goal of a second-year leap.

Price understands his talk last year didn’t translate to the field. But he’s clearly embracing it and the best thing he can do now — which applies to the entirety of the line — is get right over the summer and gel with the unit so Dalton’s clean for a full 16 games.

58 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Guess just about everyone has pushed Boling out the door, penciling in Miller at RG.

Boling is nursing a mysterious injury that is definitely, certainly 100% not a bone bruise.

Anyway I don't think Price looked like anything worse than a rookie NFL center on a bad line with nobody to lean on.  

Archived