Marvin Lewis gets a job

Boy Wonder adds on bullies, and friends of QB coaches' brother-in-laws who used to be around Texas A&M or Miami, and everything is Woo Hoo. 

I can only imagine what the pile-ons are going to be like when he is run out of town.   

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Boy Wonder adds on bullies, and friends of QB coaches' brother-in-laws who used to be around Texas A&M or Miami, and everything is Woo Hoo. 

I can only imagine what the pile-ons are going to be like when he is run out of town.   

I am team Missouri....Show Me.  I wasn't a Marvin hater just that it was time to go.  He got more second chances than a Richie Incognito (Yes, he just signed with Oakland)

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

4. Minnesota Vikings

If the Vikings fall short of expectations again in 2019, there’s a solid chance head coach Mike Zimmer and his coaching staff will be gone.

No way...Saint Michael???:ph34r:

They played in the NFC Championship in 2017.  Dude would be coach for life in Cincy if he ever did that.

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

They played in the NFC Championship in 2017.  Dude would be coach for life in Cincy if he ever did that.

If only..

And while we're playing "what if" what do you think Marvin's HC career would've looked like on a different team?  Like if he stayed in Shitsburgh and took over instead of Tomlin, for example.  

I'm not giving him a total pass but I do think it's obvious this franchise beat any shred of enthusiasm out of him.  Kind of surprised he's back on the horse so quickly, would not have blamed him at all if he wanted to stop answering his phone for a bit.  Still, he was free to quit at any time & blame the Brown Family Trust for everything.  He kept cashing their checks long after the fire went out & was just as much a part of the whole dysfunctional goatscrew it became as anyone.

On 6/1/2019 at 10:55 PM, kennethmw said:

You ever met Steve Cannon?  I have.  

Yes, I know Steve. Had an illegal coffee maker in his room and lived in the “Lost 50s” in 4th Regiment. Know Mike Pompeo too.  Classmates at school. Cannon would never hire Marvin, he understands marketing and how important appearances are. Hiring a guy who didn't win a playoff game in 16 years would never cross his or Arthur Blank's mind.  

Yeah, the guy is just a complete shit isn't he?

The longtime Bengals head coach says his responsibilities with the Arizona State Sun Devils will keep him tied up too much — but he’s hoping for the best when it comes to his guys.

“I don’t think I’ll be watching the  Bengals. Other than the fact the players there are near and dear to my heart but that’s it. The players that I brought there.”

As a whole, Lewis’ stance makes sense. After 16 years, a break isn’t the worst thing to happen to the former head coach who now has a tall task in front of him with the Sun Devils.

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

I am waiting to hear that ASU is bringing in Hugh Jackson as Special Assistant to Marvin Lewis.....

Don’t ever spell Hue Jackson’s name Hugh. Only great men can have this name. 

Archived