Marvin Lewis gets a job

On 6/5/2019 at 4:12 PM, westside bengal said:

He probably watched the games, but I doubt if he really understood what was going on....

More like couldn't look away even though he wanted to...  

Clap..

Clap..

sniffle

Clap..

There's lots of thing I won't miss about ML but this type of shit is right at the top.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lewis was talkative in response to most of Gelb’s questions. But the answers became short and quick when certain topics came up, like why did the Bengals fail in the postseason on his watch?

“The other team ended up with more points,” Lewis said.

2 hours ago, saphead said:

There's lots of thing I won't miss about ML but this type of shit is right at the top.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lewis was talkative in response to most of Gelb’s questions. But the answers became short and quick when certain topics came up, like why did the Bengals fail in the postseason on his watch?

“The other team ended up with more points,” Lewis said.

The Brown family gave you 16 season to get it done and you didn't.  Now you are going all douche bag on the franchise.  If you had a spine, you would have left after the FO forced you to take back Henry and publicly humiliate you.  The paycheck was too good though wasn't it?  

"We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time."

---Vince Lombardi

"The best way to gain more yards is advance the ball down the field from the line of scrimmage"

"If this team doesn't put points on the board, I don't see how they can win".

---John Madden

Douche bags

21 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

---Vince Lombardi

"The best way to gain more yards is advance the ball down the field from the line of scrimmage"

---John Madden

Douche bags

Neither one of those guys said they weren’t going to watch or miss football anymore like Marvin has.  Oh, and they won Championships the last time I checked.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

---Vince Lombardi

---John Madden

Winners, not guys that couldn't win one playoff game in 16 years.

fixt

I don't get the hate Marvin, he did some great things here and always handled himself with class. 

If you don't like the way he answers stupid questions from the media, like why didn't win in the playoffs, what do you really want him to say, then that's on you. 

Marvin is enjoying his millions he earned and has moved on

17 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I don't get the hate Marvin, he did some great things here and always handled himself with class. 

If you don't like the way he answers stupid questions from the media, like why didn't win in the playoffs, what do you really want him to say, then that's on you. 

Marvin is enjoying his millions he earned and has moved on

Agreed and I loved Marvin for what he brought the Bengals from to where they were until he started losing to mediocre teams in the playoffs.

And in the end he didn't answer only stupid questions from the media like a smug asshole, he answered EVERY question like a smug asshole. Because that's what he is now... a smug asshole.

And for sure.. I hope he goes and enjoys his millions..he earned and deserves it.

Anyone that can find someone to give them millions of dollars for being average/or less for over half of a 16-year career certainly deserves it.

+1 for some reason

20 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

And that makes him a douche bag--because he isn't going to watch/miss the NFL any longer? And how is that being a douche bag to the franchise? A quick quote? Well, I gave you two others. Stop moving the goal posts. 

resize,w_640

I assumed Marvin loved the game and enjoyed being the coach for the Bengals for 16 years.  I guess it was nothing more than a job to him. At least guys like Andre Agassi admit they didn't like the sport (tennis) but it paid the bills. That fine if you play an individual sport but for Marvin it just kinda reinforces the fact that he wasn't giving close to 100% the last few years. 

Archived