AJ & Boyd: WR Decisions?

AJ & Boyd: WR Decisions  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bengals re-sign BOTH AJ & Boyd?

• Yes, both
    • No, only 1 (AJ)
    • No, only 1 (Boyd)
    • No, neither
  2. 2. If the Bengals HAD to choose to keep only 1, which one should they keep?

• AJ
    • Boyd
  3. 3. Who will be the better player in the next 4 years in your view?

• AJ
    • Boyd
  4. 4. Should AJ be the highest paid WR in the NFL?

• Yes, earned it
    • No, but top 3
    • No, but top 5
    • No, but 6-10
    • No, he's not even top 10
  5. 5. Is Boyd a #1 WR in your view?

• Yes, proved it last year
    • No, a WR2
    • Not sure, but he moves the chains on 3rd down

I think AJ is by far the most important to re-sign of the two. In fact, I'd extend him now, and then I'd make Boyd play out this season and prove it again, as Ross may flourish under this new system as well, and become the WR2. 

Boyd played great last season and was a 3rd and 4th down machine, but I think he may want a salary that is larger than what he's proven he's worth. As a general rule, I'd say only go over 10 mill a year for proven Pro Bowl type talent. 

Plus Ross already is making top 10 pick salary, so how much of a % can one team devote just to the WR position if they pay AJ, Boyd, and Ross (for at least the next 2-3 seasons)?

I don't think the team needs to choose between them. Boyd hasn't been paid yet and deserves the Sterling Shepard type contract he's asking for. AJ is in the 2nd half of his career and not really in line for a raise. As I showed in the other thread, keeping them both is easily doable. Ross was a top 10 pick, meaning his 5th year contract option costs the WR transition tag number. The team will have to make a decision on that after the 2019 season but at this point they wouldn't be exercising it. 

Turf toe type injuries have ended many NFL careers and made once excellent skill position players ordinary.  Would like to see AJ at full speed before they give him another 4.  Boyd is an excellent #2.  Ross has to have a breakout year or at least prove he can play consistently at the NFL level or he will be gone in 2021 unless they can trade him for something next year.  His contract is 100% guaranteed so he isn't being let go anytime soon.  Its like paying upfront for a new mint blue Prius; you fucked up but its paid for. 

8 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

Next poll:

Should members have to submit to a blood alcohol level test before completing surveys on go-bengals.com?

Absolutely not.  In fact, if anything some level of inebriation should be required.  Anyone passing a drug/alcohol screen is not allowed to post in Gameday threads.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Absolutely not.  In fact, if anything some level of inebriation should be required.  Anyone passing a drug/alcohol screen is not allowed to post in Gameday threads.

#facts 🤘🏼

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Oh shit another graph, and this one has colors!  We should trade him immediately, the graph has spoken.  :ninja:

Another test is to see if the jewel in his left palm begins to flash red. He'll only have a year left before Carousel. 

Archived