Bob's 2019 Preseason Ramblings

6 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Well, that wasn't the question really...but if I am reading your statement correctly, you are intimating that:

Since AD has "amassed $83mil", he should "quit" because the Bengals have not won--or will--win (which by that logic would place a sizeable portion of NFL players in the same boat); or

He cannot "quit"; or

What was my question again? 

Not exactly.  What I am saying is I wouldn't be surprised if he did after this season if it is crap and he takes a beating behind a bad o line.  Luck left a team many picked to win the AFC, Dalton plays for the Bengals who many have being the worst team in the AFC.   He may hang in a bit longer until his kids are older or he may wait until nobody will sign him 6 to 8 years from now.  In any case,  I doubt Dalton would bail on his team in August, he would do it right. 

And no, very few players are in the same position as Dalton.  On our team it would only be Atkins and Green, two exceptional players.   As a QB, he earns WAY more than the average player even though he is mediocre.  Atkins is a borderline Hall of Famer at this point.  Green would need to play quite a bit more but the trajectory is certainly there.  Not sure what else Dalton has to play for to be honest but obviously I have no idea what motivates him.

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

Yes, a guy nobody else wanted as a backup is our starter. That should tell you just how bad Cedric O and Jake Fisher really are. I think we need to sacrifice a chicken. 

So, which one of you bitches are we sacrificing?😎😂😂

On 8/18/2019 at 4:12 AM, Catfish Bob said:

I think I'm almost ready to see how Dalton would play on a different team with a above average O-line. See how the Bengals would play with a youngster that can make some plays. Could possibly be one of those mutually good moves for both parties. 

To tell the truth, I think I would rather have Dolegala win the job instead of Finley (granted on a way more limited viewing). He seems  to have a way stronger arm, something we haven't seen since Carson. Plus we can say "Let's watch Dolegala sling that pineapple".   :rsju31uh9:

Now that preseason is over I give you the moment everyone has been waiting for.

Catfish Bob's 2019 Prediction

Bengals finish 11-5.

2 loses to Pitt and Baltimore and one to New England. 

Dalton throws for 3,400 yards over 20 tds. 

Mixon 1200 total yards and over 10 tds. 

The undrafted free agent Willis has a monster year and makes everyone reconsider everything they have ever known about the NFL draft. Fantasy leagues get wrecked by what will be known as the greatest sleeper pick of all time. 

At 11-5 the Bengals get a wild card spot behind division champ Pitt and go on to lose in the 1st round at Houston. 

Their ya have it folks. If you're in Vegas bet that chit. The catfish sees all in his crystal ball. 

Browns finish 0-16

6 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Bengals finish 11-5.

The undrafted free agent Willis has a monster year and makes everyone reconsider everything they have ever known about the NFL draft. Fantasy leagues get wrecked by what will be known as the greatest sleeper pick of all time. 

At 11-5 the Bengals get a wild card spot behind division champ Pitt and go on to lose in the 1st round at Houston. 

Their ya have it folks. If you're in Vegas bet that chit. The catfish sees all in his crystal ball. 

Browns finish 0-16

That must be some really good shit you got. Wanna share? :Megustaobseso-min:

10 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Bengals finish 11-5.

Browns finish 0-16

And then I woke up

On 8/30/2019 at 12:36 AM, Catfish Bob said:

Bengals finish 11-5.

Browns finish 0-16

Man I was with you in this fantasy up until the wild card spot. If we’re doing this let’s go all the way to win the division too. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

New Prediction

The Jets @ Bengals game will set the record for lowest attendance in modern era NFL. The unofficial record is currently held by the Oilers in a 1995 game against Tampa Bay with a attendance of 31k and some change. 

Are we talking about percentage of available seats because the Chargers currently play in a 28,000 soccer stadium and regularly only have 25,000 at their games. 

Currently, the Bengals have only sold 73% of their home game tickets which is dead last by a wide margin.  Tampa is next at 84%. The median is 97%. 

Cheer up, you bunch of grumpy cats...

I like the low attendance games because no mass of drunken humanity

leaving the stadium at the end of the game and traffic is a relative breeze

getting out of downtown.

One of the board wits suggested flexing the Dolphins game to 4:00 as

the Battle for the First Pick in the Draft.  Funny comment but I would

actually like it.  Late game, home with a fire in the fireplace and beverage of choice

in hand.  No line for the bathroom, either.

12 hours ago, SF2 said:

Are we talking about percentage of available seats because the Chargers currently play in a 28,000 soccer stadium and regularly only have 25,000 at their games. 

Currently, the Bengals have only sold 73% of their home game tickets which is dead last by a wide margin.  Tampa is next at 84%. The median is 97%. 

Where do you find these numbers? Thanks

Exclude short term stadium use due to remodeling and also exclude scab games from strike year. 

If the average intake in ticket sales per NFL game is $7,000,000 ($56,000,000 yearly) and the Bengals had a reported $48,000,000 in ticket sales all of last year  (2018) ...

.857 or 85.7%

This does not take into account all of the other local revenue and national revenue that a team takes in to the coffers.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/062515/how-nfl-makes-money.asp

In
short, the Bengals are tanking in the pocketbook this year taking into account the reported 73% ticket sales ($40,880,000 if the 7 mil figure stays accurate).

3 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Where do you find these numbers? Thanks

Exclude short term stadium use due to remodeling and also exclude scab games from strike year. 

ESPN has paid tickets stats laughably called attendance. 

Archived