Who is Bengals' best all-time signal-caller?

It's almost impossible to compare QB's from different NFL eras due to the many changes in the game.  Selection is always going to be subjective and personal.  The age of the person giving the opinion also plays a big part.

All of that said, I'd say Kenny Anderson, although Greg Cook is also a good choice IMHO.  Kenny (and others) not in the NFL HOF still pisses me off...and oh what coulda been with Cook.  Anyway...those guys were older than me so it was a case of looking up to them and being heroes which factors into the equation.

3 minutes ago, saphead said:

lol at the responses even Cardinals fans are like what the fuck? HUH??? 

It’s all a simple case of misunderstanding.  He’s going on their “Ring of Horror”.

:ninja:

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

It’s all a simple case of misunderstanding.  He’s going on their “Ring of Horror”.

:ninja:

Come on you drama queen, he only had 6 turnovers in the conference title game (4 ints, 2 fumbles.)  Its not like he was Scott Norwood and missed wide right. /sarc off.

Fuck Palmer.  He didn't win anything here and then he quit on his teammates.  Both him and Cook were never the same because of injuries.  I would vote for Boomer.  Not only for leading the '88 Super Bowl team but also for his twilight season in '97.  He never had the consistent accuracy of Anderson, but he was a better deep passer and, as mentioned above, his play fakes were as good as anyone I've seen.  

12 hours ago, cincity said:

Kenny Anderson or Boomer. But like it or not, Andy will have to be in this conversation.

No until he wins something, like a playoff game or maybe beating the Stealers more than once every 5 years (not an exaggeration, he has 1 win against the Stealers since 2014) .  Dalton's 3-12 against the Stealers compared to Boomers 9-6 or Anderson's 11-11 (Stealers were 151-73 during that stretch)  is no comparison. Hell, Jeff Blake was 4-5 against the Stealers and the defense was utter garbage back then.  

Sure Dalton can be considered the 3rd best QB but that is like bragging you were 3rd in the 2000 US Open (Tiger beat you by 15 strokes).

Archived