On 4/17/2019 at 11:24 AM, AmishBengalFan said:

This just in from Bengals UK:

57133748_2143059882395822_6800587865718784000_n.jpg

I'm off to Marriott.com to go find me some crash space.  Stayed last time at County Hall, which was under the London Eye and right across Westminster Bridge from Big Ben.  Great location, terrific view.

Season ticket holders, check your spam folder.  You should have received an email from Meridth Macy this morning (mine was at 10:30am) with instructions for the holders-only presale.  You will have to register at TicketMaster UK using the link provided in your email, update your password, then either stand by for a follow-up email with instructions or poke around their website and figure it out yourself.  Tickets go on sale at 10am ET Monday.  They ain't cheap, but it's a metric crap-ton less expensive than the post-scalper prices we paid in 2016.

Note:  The process requires using your Bengals.com Season Ticket Holder email address.  If you are not a Holder, you will not be eligible for this presale.

Here's the text from today's email.... the link in your email will be account-specific.

We will host an exclusive Season Ticket Member only on-sale on Monday, June 10 at 10:00am for our game in London. All game tickets must be ordered through Ticketmaster UK online.

***IMPORTANT***
Before the on-sale begins on June 10, you must reset your NFL UK password using the “forgot password” process and this email address.   Click the button below to reset your password. We acknowledge the additional steps are tedious and we apologize.  The need for an NFL UK account along with password compliance mandates that we take the proper steps to protect your account security. (NOTE: this is a separate account for London tickets only. This is NOT attached to your My Bengals Account).

* There is a purchase limit of 8 tickets per account and these are available on a first come, first served basis.
* Tickets will be charged in Great British Pounds (£), and range from Category 1 (£119) to Category 9 (£42.50)
* Child prices are available in the Category 5 (£25) and Category 9 (£23) for children aged Under 16. All children must be accompanied by an adult. There is a 3:1 ratio on child to adult tickets.
* Orders are subject to a £3.50 per-ticket service charge.

The current exchange rate is $1.27 to GBP1.00.  The email claims a GBP3.50 per-ticket service charge, but I am expecting about a 20% markup due to other nuisance charges.  The actual prices with fees are likely to run from $65.00 to $180.00 each.

I am getting four.  Two for me, and two in case Steve/Chris need a pair and don't feel like paying 8x face value again to a German scalper... I'll only charge them 2x because I'm a nice guy.  :)

wembley prices 2019.jpg

BTW, I just did this.  It's convoluted....

If you're a season ticket holder and you didn't already have an account at the TicketMaster UK site, the Bengals created one for you with your registered Bengals.com Ticketing email address.  That account's password is pre-expired.  If you try to log in using your Bengals password it won't work.  If you try to create a new account using your email address, that won't work either because you already have one.  If you try to create a new account using a different email address, that won't work either EITHER because that address isn't on the Bengals' presale list.  Here's what you have to do:

1 - Go to link the Bengals sent you.

2 - Upper right corner, click Sign In / Sign Up

3 - Click "Forgot password"

4 - Enter your Bengals.com Ticketing email address, then go play "fetch" and get the password reset email from TicketMaster UK.

5 - Select a new password.... important note: the UK site and the Bengals site and the St Louis Blues site and all of the other team-specific TicketMaster sites are NOT linked.  You are creating a brand new account on a brand new site, but are using the pre-approved email the Bengals loaded into their site.  When you select a password for this site, it does NOT change the password for your Bengals account.

6 - Go back to the link the Bengals sent you and log in using the new password.

Here's what the splash page looks like:

Untitled.jpg

If you are successful, the "account" page looks like this:

Untitled.jpg

When the presale opens on Monday, click the "Buy 2019 London Game" link up in the upper left corner.  If you click it now, you'll just piss off the site and they'll send a disgruntled Tottenham Hotspur supporter to your home to stink up your home with his horrific body odor.

So, if you're a season ticket holder, go find that email, go to the TicketMaster UK site, fix your password, log in, and get yourself some tickets.

I got four Category 3 tickets....  Section 528 (Upper Bowl, midfield, uhhh. 35 yard line?), Row 11.  Total price was GBP359.00 with all the nuisance fees factored in.  XE.com shows the exchange rate right now is 1.267:1 so the cost was $454.80, or $114 each.   Face value of GBP86 is $106.... frankly, I'm happily shocked at how much TicketBastard DIDN'T charge for the privilege of buying tickets from them.  Considering that we paid $200 each (?) for GBP37 face value tickets back in 2016 to sit 10 rows from the top, this is a helluva bargain.

Wembley Confirmation.jpg

PS - I got four because I need two and figured two would need rehoming to a needy Bengal fan.

2 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

So, if you're a season ticket holder, go find that email, go to the TicketMaster UK site, fix your password, log in, and get yourself some tickets.

I got four Category 3 tickets....  Section 528 (Upper Bowl, midfield, uhhh. 35 yard line?), Row 11.  Total price was GBP359.00 with all the nuisance fees factored in.  XE.com shows the exchange rate right now is 1.267:1 so the cost was $454.80, or $114 each.   Face value of GBP86 is $106.... frankly, I'm happily shocked at how much TicketBastard DIDN'T charge for the privilege of buying tickets from them.  Considering that we paid $200 each (?) for GBP37 face value tickets back in 2016 to sit 10 rows from the top, this is a helluva bargain.

Wembley Confirmation.jpg

PS - I got four because I need two and figured two would need rehoming to a needy Bengal fan.

359 lira?  Is that a lot?

29 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Great Britain Pound Sterling, silly git. Or quid. 

But, you already know that, so you can respond that you already know that. :pokerface-min:

Come on now, the British Pound has not been backed by Sterling for quite some time.  

Yeah, I knew it wasn't lira, it would have been 34,400 lira if Italy still used them.  Brits never bought into the EU currency, it will make leaving easier. 

....and of course, even though Lira and Pesetas and Francs and Deutschmarks are all things of the past thanks to the Euro, the commonplace use of Lira and Pesetas and Francs and Deustchmarks and all other currencies of the world for transactions in the UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND is well known.

C'mon people... even if the symbol was confusing, shouldn't it be obvious that if buying tickets on a UK website for a game in UK that the money will be UK money?  And the UK uses Pounds, and has for a while... from a time before our country even existed.   Lol.

8 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

....and of course, even though Lira and Pesetas and Francs and Deutschmarks are all things of the past thanks to the Euro, the commonplace use of Lira and Pesetas and Francs and Deustchmarks and all other currencies of the world for transactions in the UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND is well known.

C'mon people... even if the symbol was confusing, shouldn't it be obvious that if buying tickets on a UK website for a game in UK that the money will be UK money?  And the UK uses Pounds, and has for a while... from a time before our country even existed.   Lol.

Uhhh, pounds of what...weed?

13 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

You definitely want to hit a pub called The Chelsea Pensioner.  Make sure you are wearing a Steven Garrard Liverpool or Ronaldo Man United Jersey.  They love those guys!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

^bump

If you ordered tickets, either as part of the Bengals presale or during the general public's purchasing window, they have begun arriving TODAY.  They will come via email from tickets@wembleystadium.com, rather than from the NFL, TicketBastard, the Bengals, or any other expected outlet.  This was new/unexpected, and I had swapped a few emails with the Bengals' Meredith regarding how and when to expect them.

I'm not a fan of tickets-by-email, as I would much prefer to have an old fashioned cardboard keepsake, but I can live with this.  I can print mine out, use it at the game, then print a nicer one on cardstock when I get home.  At least it wasn't an "e" ticket requiring use of an app to gain admission (like the Stanley Cup playoffs were).  

Anyway, if you ordered tickets, check your spam folders now.  They're likely waiting for you.

Untitled.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I gotta ask....  Am I the only one on the board going to London?

I wasn't 3 years ago, and had a pretty nice time meeting other board members, hitting up the Bengals Pub in Trafalgar Square, having dinner at some loud Austrian "oomp-paa" restaurant, wathing my kid try to buy beers for everybody at the Toy & Hoop.   Would be nice to know if anyone else is going to be there this time, too.  :)

Archived