1st round pick curse continues? UPDATE: Curse is real folks

26 minutes ago, SF2 said:

How did he injure it...blocking air??

I actually just had surgery for a torn labrum in my shoulder last year.  Doctor said they're generally injuries that build up over time.  

I remember when I went to him after getting my MRI.  He looked at me and the first thing he asked, with no prior knowledge, was "Did you used to be an offensive lineman?"  I laughed and said yes, and he went on to tell me that the constant pushing and pulling of playing line plays havoc on your shoulder joints.  I had the labrum tear, and then a bunch of fraying around the rotator cuff.  He said I probably had my tear for years, which made a lot of sense because I had noticed a slight "click" in it for quite some time, but hadn't actually started to hurt until I played in an alumni football game and woke up with my shoulder in agonizing pain.  

I suspect this is the same scenario.  Probably something that started way back in college and he just never really acknowledged until now.  Then something happened in practice, he torqued his should at just the right angle, and the tear got more severe.  

Anyways, tough break for Williams.  My shoulder hasn't been 100% since the surgery, but I also didn't commit to rehab full time like I"m sure he will.  So I'm sure he'll be fine.  

Archived