1st round pick curse continues? UPDATE: Curse is real folks

15 hours ago, spicoli said:

tough to do 28 reps @ 225 with a torn labrum...people are going way overboard here, IMO.

the way I look at it, if one injury to a rookie OT screws up the entire position group there are obviously bigger issues at play. 

Not really,  Andre Smith did 19 reps @ 225 with a torn labia.

17 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Not sure the ninja there is warranted.  It would not surprise me if they brought him back for some Redeeming.

Doesn’t he need to spit on a cop or beat up a kid first?

3 hours ago, Jason said:

The way he was treated here (not that it was undeserved) I think Red would retire before returning to Cincinnati.

No human being deserves that sort of treatment, but welcome to the wonderful world of the NFL and hate-filled media (except for Stealers and #teamslikethepatriots)

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:41 AM, Le Tigre said:

Karnak is seeing the numbers 6 and 3...is that close? A fine option indeed! 

Went back to his early days bio--speaking of college recruitment:

"Named the nation's No. 2 offensive tackle"

Either allow him to play or not, its time to see whether this is bust or glory.

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Ross is changing his number so #15 will no longer be a first round bust.

Ross is the least of our worries.  He's hanging out in Fantasyland with Tyler Eifert, where they are likely to remain.  Hopefully Jonah Williams is only visiting there, but you know what they say..  Hope in one hand and shit in the other; see which fills up first. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was not real impressed with the coaching search and the filling of the staff, but really got to liking the draft and some of the reports from OTAs/mini camp.  I just started to let myself begin to feel some optimism and then Williams goes down.  That pretty much gutted me and I haven't really been able to bring myself to visit the site or even read much about the team until now.  Starting to check the site more often, but my enthusiasm for/confidence in this coming season is virtually non-existent.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

I'll be That Guy and go ahead and ask...  Why?  

By that point the team will either have proven they can win without him, or be far enough gone to where there's no reason to rush him back.  If you're hoping he's the franchise LT for the next 10 years, why hurry anything in a season that will likely be over by then anyhow?

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I'll be That Guy and go ahead and ask...  Why?  

By that point the team will either have proven they can win without him, or be far enough gone to where there's no reason to rush him back.  If you're hoping he's the franchise LT for the next 10 years, why hurry anything in a season that will likely be over by then anyhow?

If he is cleared to play it wouldn’t be a bad thing to get him some big boy league reps. Key is CLEARED to play. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived