Study: Cincinnati Bengals fan base ranks near the bottom for NFL teams

Of course not.  Being a Bengals fan is the Navy SEAL of football fans.  Anyone can root for a team like the Pats or Urineburgh with multiple championships.  It takes a person of toughness and fortitude most Americans just don't have to be a Bengals fan.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Of course not.  Being a Bengals fan is the Navy SEAL of football fans.  Anyone can root for a team like the Pats or Urineburgh with multiple championships.  It takes a person of toughness and fortitude most Americans just don't have to be a Bengals fan.

This.

Who the fuck ranks fan bases anyways?!

I mean, what was this “professor” really trying to determine?

"Lewis said he uses “data on attendance, revenues, social media following and road attendance to develop statistical models of fan interest.”

The "best" fan bases listed, are all the usual suspects. The money-fed data of the first two is quantifiable--don't show up/don't buy things. OK. Social media following is disingenuous to a degree: takes only a portion of the potential fan base into consideration.

Finally,  "road attendance" is useless. Is he basing it on how many Stealer jerseys counted in an opposing stadium any give Sunday? If so, how many of them "travel" and aren't just local "fans"? And even if traveling was an actual denominator, it is far shorter to get to Cleveland from Pittsburgh, than to go from LA to SF. 

Blah blah...Patriots fan da best...blah blah...

I live in Atlanta and the Falcons fans are the worst because they have a good team that is successful and an owner that is going to spend to win but they still don't show up on Sundays. 

Every game almost half the stadium is full of the other teams fans and people don't show up until the mid 2nd quarter.

I guarantee you this guy doesn't even go to NFL games, he's definitely hasn't been to every stadium to actually see and speak with each fanbase. 

3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I live in Atlanta and the Falcons fans are the worst because they have a good team that is successful and an owner that is going to spend to win but they still don't show up on Sundays. 

Every game almost half the stadium is full of the other teams fans and people don't show up until the mid 2nd quarter.

I guarantee you this guy doesn't even go to NFL games, he's definitely hasn't been to every stadium to actually see and speak with each fanbase. 

I lived in Atlanta and was a Falcons season ticket holder in the early 90s.  I tried to become a Falcons fan, but just couldn't do it.  I grew up a Bengals fan and to my own detriment, I will die a Bengals fan.  I think all the imports to Atlanta have similar issues with being fans of other teams.  A big, but only casually interested market.

Archived