Cincinnati Bengals great Ken Anderson is used to Hall of Fame questions. Just not in July.

There are currently 15 quarterbacks in the Hall of Fame who played the majority of their career following the NFL-AFL merger. Five of those quarterbacks never won an MVP, six never topped the NFL in passing yards and seven of those quarterbacks never led the NFL in passer rating during their career.

However, 10 of the 15 quarterbacks won a Super Bowl after the 1970 merger. An absent achievement in which Anderson concedes is probably a roadblock to the entrance of the Hall of Fame for quarterbacks like Archie Manning and himself. 

This is what frustrates me about the whole HOF thing.  Five of the 15 were never judged to be the best in the league in any single season?  Six never won a passing title?

That being said, 5 of the 10 got in without winning a Super Bowl, so that shouldn't be keeping Anderson out.  His accolades are certainly worthy, so what's the holdup?  Is it that he didn't have a star or an "NY" on his helmet, or that he didn't wear an ugly black helmet with a steel sticker on only one side?

Another point that needs to be made is that HE PLAYED IN A DIFFERENT ERA.  There were only 14 games per season in his first few seasons, teams didn't pass as much and quarterbacks didn't play in the big plastic bubble they do today.  When you dropped back to pass, there was the threat of, you know, getting hit and stuff.  Don't tell me that didn't affect passer performance.

I will also add that, of the top 100 all-time pass percentage seasons, only six happened before 1990.  Anderson has two of those six.  

Induct the man, already, and while they're at it, maybe they can go ahead and include one of the best cornerbacks of all time, the other Ken.  Like I said, there were 14 games a season for much of his career and teams didn't pass as much, yet he still had a bunch of INTs.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Ken's biggest problem is he played most of his career in the same division as one of the historic dynasties of the NFL.

That historic dynasty that Did Things the Right Way by trying to break his neck to avoid the competition.  Such an inspiration, that Shitsburgh.  Pump our guys full of steroids or HGH, completely disrespect the rules both as written and in spirit, make cheating and poor sportsmanship our hallmark, and maybe we can one day reach such heights.

11 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

However, 10 of the 15 quarterbacks won a Super Bowl after the 1970 merger. An absent achievement in which Anderson concedes is probably a roadblock to the entrance of the Hall of Fame for quarterbacks like Archie Manning and himself. 

LOL, WUT????  I watched ole "Run around and get sacked Archie" for his first 3 years in New Orleans.  Went to most of the home games.  He sucked.  You don't get to the Hall of Fame because people feel sorry for you.  You don't go to the Hall of Fame because one kid is a no brainer HOF and the other is borderline.  Archie's lifetime record is 33-103-3.    If Peyton and Eli didn't make it into the pros, Archie would have been forgotten 20 years ago.

I can think of 10 QBs better than Archie who are not in the HOF.  Daryle Lamonica, Craig Morton, Roman Gabriel, Ron Jaworski,  Jon Hadl (he should be in), John Brodie, Billy Kilmer, Jim Plunkett, Earl Morrall, Jim Hart, Danny White and Steve Grogan.  I can find more.  Oh, and Ken Anderson (should be in).  If Lamonica  had not gotten hurt he probably would have made it. Record of 66-16-6.  Dude was good.   

13 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Shouldn't Ken Riley and Isaac Curtis be in the same boat as far as consideration?

Isaac Curtis is hurt because he played before the Isaac Curtis Rule was instated making

jack offs like Miss Lynne Swan and currently Antonette Brown and Jar Jar Binks Shrimper

untouchable.  

Lynn Swann being in the Hall is an absolute joke.  Guy never led the league in any receiving category in any year and his career stats are minimal.  Had some good playoff games not doubt but seriously?  How is he in and Cliff Branch isn't?  Mel Gray was better. Drew Pearson was better. Ahmad Rashad was better.  Wesley Walker was better. 

23 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I think I found the answers to your Lynn Swann question, not that you didn't already know.  On the other hand, Bobby Moore was a long-time broadcaster and was married to Claire Huxtable, and it didn't help him.

Image result for lynn swann abc sports

kxn4i4ljokottfmut6kx.jpg

I think you're thinking of Ahmad Rashad, not Bobby Moore that was married to Claire Huxtable. 

13 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Her name is Phylicia Rashad, or Phylicia Allen.  Claire Huxtable was a character that she played.

Lisa Bonet was a hottie but changed her name to Lillakoi Moon, is an anti-vaxxer now & married to Jason Momoa. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived