NFL Superstar Club: JuJu Smith-Schuster in, A.J. Green out

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

It doesn’t matter how good he is, WRs ultimately have to produce and they need the team around them to do it.   Green is being wasted here just like Megaton was in Detroit 

That's got nothing to do with Jar-Jar though.  Would you trade AJ for that guy? I sure wouldn't.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

That's got nothing to do with Jar-Jar though.  Would you trade AJ for that guy? I sure wouldn't.

I only have to pay Smith 1.9mil the next 2 years which will be rebuilding years or re-sign Green for a minimum of $15 mil a year for 4 years with $35+ mil being guaranteed?  What do you think most GMs in the Bengals’ situation would do given the option?  Loyalty is a bad trait for a professional sports GM. 

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I only have to pay Smith 1.9mil the next 2 years which will be rebuilding years or re-sign Green for a minimum of $15 mil a year for 4 years with $35+ mil being guaranteed?  What do you think most GMs in the Bengals’ situation would do given the option?  Loyalty is a bad trait for a professional sports GM. 

Sure & Jar-Jar is younger etc etc..  I mean straight which one would you rather have as your #1 WR this season?  I don't think anyone including any honest people left with the Stealers would pick Jar-Jar.

57 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Sure & Jar-Jar is younger etc etc..  I mean straight which one would you rather have as your #1 WR this season?  I don't think anyone including any honest people left with the Stealers would pick Jar-Jar.

I would rather have AJ for 1 year no doubt. Even the Stealers would swap Jar Jar for Green for 2019 if they could pay him the same amount.  

Being an NFL GM is the most important and difficult jobs in pro sports which is why you need a great one.  The cap math is complex as hell with all kinds of weird dates and benchmarks. 

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I would rather have AJ for 1 year no doubt. Even the Stealers would swap Jar Jar for Green for 2019 if they could pay him the same amount.  

Being an NFL GM is one of the most important and difficult jobs in pro sports which is why you need a great one.  The cap math is complex as hell with all kinds of weird dates and benchmarks. 

Our seems to think he can fish and cut bait at the same time

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Our seems to think he can fish and cut bait at the same time

Or save money by trading away pro bowl quality offensive lineman for Ryan Leaf level busts. 

Trade=an actual exchange of personnel for other personnel/compensation. Agreement of parties. 

Free Agency=no agreement of parties in exchange of personnel for other personnel/compensation. League-mandated compensation as result of free player movement, is not a trade. 

And that's the truth

hqdefault.jpg

24 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Trade=an actual exchange of personnel for other personnel/compensation. Agreement of parties. 

Free Agency=no agreement of parties in exchange of personnel for other personnel/compensation. League-mandated compensation as result of free player movement, is not a trade. 

And that's the truth

hqdefault.jpg

LOL, you are correct.  I should have phrased it, "Offering peanuts to an All-Pro Tackle knowing you would get outbid and thinking you had a viable replacement."  And talk about taking a ride in the Way Back machine.  Lily Tomlin on Laugh In.

I love AJ as much as the next guy but signing him to some huge contract at this point is a very BAD idea, IMO.

Having one of the highest paid WR's in the league is not a key component to winning a SB, last time I checked.

7 hours ago, spicoli said:

I love AJ as much as the next guy but signing him to some huge contract at this point is a very BAD idea, IMO.

Having one of the highest paid WR's in the league is not a key component to winning a SB, last time I checked.

I'd agree if I thought that money would be reinvested in the roster next year, like pursuing a top 5 free agent OL or LB.  

Given the choice between overpaying AJ or reading more Hobspin about why they need to sit on that money to cover injury settlements in 2049 and actually when you do the math there isn't any money it's all in your imagination in fact you owe the Brown family ohhhh 'bout tree fiddy?

Going with AJ.

Archived