Clint Boling officially retires

I know someone who had a serious blood clot in his leg.  It destroyed a lot of muscle tissue and his leg is permanently weakened.  I'm not saying this happened to Boling, but it's possible.  Also a good chance he will always be susceptible to more blood clots.  Glad he made the right decision for himself and his family.  All the best.

24 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Wow! That sucks!

All the best to him but damn!

Our GM needs to make a big move or 2 to try and sure up the weakest position on the team!

:boring:

What does Boling have to do with their LBs?  :lol: 

Did you not notice how many guards they acquired in the offseason? :smile: 

Sucks for Boling to have it end this way.  There's been rumblings that something was amiss the past few months so I can't say I'm shocked by this news.  It's another major blow to the weakest unit on the team following Williams' shoulder injury.  I'm not sure who replaces Boling yet, but Westerman might get the first chance.  John Jerry and Michael Jordan could also be in the mix.  Depth was already a major issue at tackle and now guard isn't so deep either.  Not sure what moves could be made at this point but it's not looking good right now.  

11 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Clint Boling will be fine--he's set for life financially. Good on him. 

You are now going to see if The Bully has any ability to earn his paycheck. If he has any, lemonade will be made. 

Yep, impossible to blame Boling.  Blood clots are killers, he has zero reason to continue playing after earning over $24mil in the NFL.  Best of luck to him. 

Well, the bully is gonna need some lemons first.

OTOH, on paper, they added some potentially good parts who may soften the blows. Miller was brought in as an upgrade at RG--and until shown otherwise, will be. Jerry has been above average for most of his career, so if he shows that again, he will be no worse than Boling. Jordan has talent.

Glenn has been a very good LT in his time..it is just the injury concerns there. Hart is Hart...just hope I reckon. Price will improve, I have no doubt. Westerman could become Superman. Hopkins is OK. There is no depth at tackle. 

Basically, on paper, the present line is a push from a year ago...with a possibility of improving a bit. Who really knows? 

On 7/15/2019 at 4:47 PM, Jason said:

What does Boling have to do with their LBs?  :lol: 

Did you not notice how many guards they acquired in the offseason? :smile: 

I was actually talking about the O-line and not just Guard.

And while I admit the LB corps is pretty weak, I would argue

(actually this is my only attempt at arguing) that this team would

win more games with good to great O-line play over good to great LB play.

Archived