Zac Taylor taking aggressive approach to combat potential game management issues

10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Do totally agree with the reduced work time in TC--which always has been a useless injury producing meat grinder.

Yep, the last thing we need is one offensive line starter getting hurt in TC considering what the replacement situation looks like. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Yep, the last thing we need is one offensive line starter getting hurt in TC considering what the replacement situation looks like. 

Yeah with 4 mandatory preseason games there's no reason to overwork them in TC. I'd rather see a slightly longer camp and 2 preseason games but the ESPNFL makes too much easy money off them.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah with 4 mandatory preseason games there's no reason to overwork them in TC. I'd rather see a slightly longer camp and 2 preseason games but the ESPNFL makes too much easy money off them.

Every season ticket holder is so happy to pay for those 2 games. 

Was at a "preseason game" at Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend Friday night: Liverpool/Dortmund. 70K to watch mostly kids, in 105 degree heat index, less than what it costs for an NFL preseason game, and loving every last second of it. 

Try that at the 4th preseason game against Indianapolis at top dollar.  

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Was at a "preseason game" at Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend Friday night: Liverpool/Dortmund. 70K to watch mostly kids, in 105 degree heat index, less than what it costs for an NFL preseason game, and loving every last second of it. 

Touring thing or what? Sounds fun.

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Dude, just 'cuz the Bengals upcoming season outlook is bleak doesn't mean you gotta bring soccer all up in this humpty dumpty....

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Touring thing or what? Sounds fun.

Yeah the euro leagues do something called "International Champions Cup" during the summer months--basically a traveling preseason schedule (not really a championship). They do it in the US, Australia, China. The leagues all face off against other leagues, so you don't see the EPL play teams in the EPL...hence I saw Liverpool (EPL) against Dortmund (Bundesliga). 

Curiously, the Brits I talk to on the Liverpool forum I am on, think we are nuts to pay a lot of money/time to see these "friendlies". I tell them that we don't get to attend matches over there when they count, so this is our only chance to see them in person. They get that. And yes, they are a lot of fun.

That's why I don't laugh at folks who really want to see that 4th preseason game against the Colts...may be their only chance to see the Bengals live. 

Archived