O-line poll

Offensive Line  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Compared to last season this year's offensive line will be?

• Significantly better
    • A little better
    • About the same
    • A little worse
    • Much worse

I said a little better because I'm a hopeless optimistic homer who wants to believe somehow.  :)

I actually do think the coaches see something in Hart and feel they can coach him up some.  Westerman finally gets a real shot.  We brought it a couple guys who needed a change of scenery.  Other guys are arguably given a chance to snag a spot that otherwise would have been filled without the injury/retirement issues, so maybe they make the best of it.

I also feel like even if the talent is the same, there will be improvement just based on all enthusiasm of changed coaching and attitudes.  I know LeTigre will have a field day with that statement.

I know, wishing in one hand...

it would take drastic improvement from Hart, Price, whoever takes over at LG, plus Glenn staying healthy all year to make them any better than they were last year......magic eight ball say better luck next year. 

38 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

I said a little better because I'm a hopeless optimistic homer who wants to believe somehow.  :)

I actually do think the coaches see something in Hart and feel they can coach him up some.  Westerman finally gets a real shot.  We brought it a couple guys who needed a change of scenery.  Other guys are arguably given a chance to snag a spot that otherwise would have been filled without the injury/retirement issues, so maybe they make the best of it.

I also feel like even if the talent is the same, there will be improvement just based on all enthusiasm of changed coaching and attitudes.  I know LeTigre will have a field day with that statement.

I know, wishing in one hand...

Lol! Actually, changed attitudes and increased enthusiasm are all necessary intangibles for resurgence. If this season changes in that direction--regardless of how it happens--it will be enjoyable to witness. 

The glaring lack of depth and talent at OT is going to be the downfall of this team, they better pray the FO does magic and upgrades that position(provide quality depth/insurance for if/when Glenn gets hurt).

The Bengals are one injury, to an injury prone player, from being completely screwed.  An OT duo of Justin Evans and Bobby Hart doesn't exactly inspire confidence.  

I think there is a good chance the line can be a little better. I expect Price to play better. I expect Miller to be an upgrade over Redmond. If Hart can simply cut down on the penalties he will be a little better. The questions are can Cordy be healthier and can whoever wins the LG spot be solid. 

On 7/23/2019 at 9:40 PM, High School Harry said:

I put a little better because I still believe in Santa Claus and Mike Brown's generosity.

I think the overall change and the fear of Jim Turner kicking someone's ass will be a big help.

Fear of jim turner kicking ass? Lol 

On 7/24/2019 at 10:11 AM, Jason said:

I think there is a good chance the line can be a little better. I expect Price to play better. I expect Miller to be an upgrade over Redmond. If Hart can simply cut down on the penalties he will be a little better. The questions are can Cordy be healthier and can whoever wins the LG spot be solid. 

Thats alot of ifs and cans...

Archived