Bengals 2019 Training Camp thread

CINCINNATI (WKRC) - The Bengals on Tuesday signed free agent cornerback Tony Lippett and waived linebacker Chris Worley.

Lippett (6-3, 192), a fifth-year pro, was originally a fifth-round draft pick of the Miami Dolphins in 2015. He spent his first two seasons (2015-16) with Miami, and then played part of last season with the N.Y. Giants. He’s played in 28 career games (13 starts) and totaled 81 tackles, 12 passes defensed and four INTs.

15 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Geez...needed some of that up here. Drier than a popcorn fart. 

Wasn't when I drove home from work last night around 6:00. Got poured on from northern Westerville until I-270 and then dry as a bone. 

2 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Wasn't when I drove home from work last night around 6:00. Got poured on from northern Westerville until I-270 and then dry as a bone. 

Springboro got zilch.  Had to water last night and this morning.

1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

Nothing in Dublin..go figure. Doesn't look to be much for another week too.  

I went down to camp today and here are my observations:

- Dennard, Price, Lawson, and Ross were out.  AJ was spotted on a cart

- The starting OL was Hopkins, Westerman, Miller, Glenn, and Hart

- Dalton spread the ball around quite a bit in the scrimmages.  Boyd and Eifert stood out the most from what I saw, but I also saw him connect with Uzomah, Sample, Malone, Tate, and Erickson

- Mixon looked bigger and was still  explosive.  He's poised for a huge year.  Trayveon Williams also looked pretty explosive from what I saw

- Defensive line is looking deep and talented.  It should be the strength of that side of the ball.  Hubbard was starting opposite Dunlap at DE

- The starting LB were Brown, Evans, and Vigil.  Brown and Vigil played in the nickel defense.  Pratt only played with 2nd string

- The secondary didn't have a great day from what I saw.  Webb was the starting nickel CB and he was targeted frequently 

- Our kicker is still fat 

Thanks Inigo!...I always enjoy reading recaps from folks that attend training camp in person.

Speaking of that...does anyone know if Patmo is still around?  He was awesome this time of year...sadly I've not seen any posts from him in a looonnnngggg time.

10 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I went down to camp today and here are my observations:

- Dennard, Price, Lawson, and Ross were out.  AJ was spotted on a cart

- The starting OL was Hopkins, Westerman, Miller, Glenn, and Hart

- Dalton spread the ball around quite a bit in the scrimmages.  Boyd and Eifert stood out the most from what I saw, but I also saw him connect with Uzomah, Sample, Malone, Tate, and Erickson

- Mixon looked bigger and was still  explosive.  He's poised for a huge year.  Trayveon Williams also looked pretty explosive from what I saw

- Defensive line is looking deep and talented.  It should be the strength of that side of the ball.  Hubbard was starting opposite Dunlap at DE

- The starting LB were Brown, Evans, and Vigil.  Brown and Vigil played in the nickel defense.  Pratt only played with 2nd string

- The secondary didn't have a great day from what I saw.  Webb was the starting nickel CB and he was targeted frequently 

- Our kicker is still fat 

Yes, he is.

I think I speak for everybody, I have high hopes for Pratt to be this year's Bates. Same draft range, same desperation at his position.

8 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Speaking of that...does anyone know if Patmo is still around?  He was awesome this time of year...sadly I've not seen any posts from him in a looonnnngggg time.

He hasn't posted here since 2012. His profile also says he is 81 years old.

Hope he is okay. 

https://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/profile/5013-patmo/

Archived