Bengals 2019 Training Camp thread

14 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

I have zero confidence in this guy to ever contribute to the team, ran a fast combine time then what? 

Hope the new staff gives him one more chance then open a roster spot to a better option.

Looks like he's basically first team as WR3 on the depth chart but who knows, this time of year that might just be them trying to boost his porcelain ego. 

15 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The Athletic noted that Malik Jefferson has had no impact at all this TC, so he looks like a lost pick at this point. 

That's what I was afraid of.

If we cut him can we get a comp pick when some other dupes pick him up?

I'm sure he will be kept as a special teams ace but hate a dud taking up a roster spot.

I would be all in favor of moving on from John Ross if we can get anything for him and

before his next injury.  Bust and dead wood.

3 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

hate a dud taking up a roster spot

Duds taking up roster spots because of other factors is kind of a theme around here.  3 healthy games a year?  Here's another million.   Can't run a route?  That's ok, we owe you first round draft pick money.  Arrested for the 5th time?  That's ok, you were nice to Father Brown's grandson at the company picnic.  

I would like to see who makes the team based on who is good at playing football.

19 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Again, Lawson is a good player & all but Cordy Glenn is..  well, not.  

Cordy is a good player when healthy. Regardless, to “toss” him when he outweighs you by 80-100 pounds is impressive. 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

That's what I was afraid of.

If we cut him can we get a comp pick when some other dupes pick him up?

I'm sure he will be kept as a special teams ace but hate a dud taking up a roster spot.

I would be all in favor of moving on from John Ross if we can get anything for him and

before his next injury.  Bust and dead wood.

Nope.  No comp picks for players that are cut.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Cordy is a good player when healthy. Regardless, to “toss” him when he outweighs you by 80-100 pounds is impressive. 

Cordy Glenn is our best offensive lineman.   ABBA sold a lot of records.

9 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The Athletic noted that Malik Jefferson has had no impact at all this TC, so he looks like a lost pick at this point. 

With the new staff I wonder if Jefferson will be kept around. How does Davis look? Maybe he can take the spot.

Archived