Bengals 2019 Training Camp thread

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

This guy probably takes Core's spot?

You want to get rid of one of our 6th round Picks?   Bite your tongue boy, we will live or die with our 6th rounders!!

40 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Actually I want to cut Ross, since you're asking, but yeah...

Ross reminds me of someone who would have paid cash for a Pontiac Aztek.   They think just because its paid for you should keep it.   You sure as hell won't get anything in on a trade.  Meanwhile the thing is broken down on the side of the road and full of Meth.

5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Ross reminds me of someone who would have paid cash for a Pontiac Aztek.   They think just because its paid for you should keep it.   You sure as hell won't get anything in on a trade.  Meanwhile the think is broken down on the side of the road and full of Meth.

If it was full of meth Redeemer could just about cover his dead cap money. :35_thinking:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/08/08/cincinnati-bengals-whos-not-playing-saturday-kansas-city-chiefs/1955975001/?utm_source=cincinnati-Daily Briefing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily_briefing&utm_term=list_article_thumb

Not Playing Saturday Night

Carl Lawson and Geno Atkins won't play on the defensive side, and offensively, Joe Mixon, Giovani Bernard and Tyler Eifert won't play.

"With Carl, we had this plan in place months ago since he’s coming off the ACL (injury). And Geno is just a guy that we’ll give an extra day of rest," said Taylor. "On offense, don’t expect the two running backs (Joe Mixon and Giovani Bernard) to play. Again, that is nothing of significance whatsoever. We need to see these young guys pass protect and see what they can do to step up, so they’re going to get to play the whole game." 

Taylor added that the plan with Eifert is "just protecting him as he comes back off that injury. We want to make sure we get the most out of him."

Wide receiver John Ross is still day-to-day with hamstring tightness and Taylor said he doesn't anticipate him playing without having practiced in training camp. 

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why would you want to cut the team's 3rd leading scorer?

Those TDs are called outliers. In 2017 Julio Jones had 1400+ yards receiving but only 3 TDs. Who would you rather have?

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Those TDs are called outliers. In 2017 Julio Jones had 1400+ yards receiving but only 3 TDs. Who would you rather have?

I understand what you're saying, but you win the game with points not yards. On the other hand I hated the pick when  it was made and wouldn't lose much sleep if they cut him. I think he gets 1 more year tho.

1 minute ago, gupps said:

I understand what you're saying, but you win the game with points not yards. On the other hand I hated the pick when  it was made and wouldn't lose much sleep if they cut him. I think he gets 1 more year tho.

I agree since they have to pay him regardless. 

Archived