AJ Carted off field

Just now, spicoli said:

He might be done in all honesty....rehabbed all off-season and re-injures it on the very first practice?

Very well could spell the end. 

Yeah he was visibly upset. Threw his mouthpiece down and waited on the cart to pick him up. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

He might be done in all honesty....rehabbed all off-season and re-injures it on the very first practice?

Very well could spell the end. 

FWIW it is not he same foot he injured last year. So it least that's something.

Report: Initial diagnosis on A.J. Green is a sprained ankle

Posted by Charean Williams on July 27, 2019, 4:43 PM EDT
gettyimages-1054745816-e1553730164565.jp
Getty Images

The initial diagnosis on Bengals receiver A.J. Green is a sprained left ankle, via multiple reports.

Green is headed for an MRI “to be sure,” Ian Rapoport of the NFL reports.

“You don’t want to assume anything, but I think we’re going to be OK,” coach Zac Taylor said, via James Palmer of the NFL.

Thus, Green and the Bengals might be able to breathe a sigh of relief, but both sides also will want to exercise caution with the receiver through the preseason. The Bengals want to do all they can to make sure Green is on the field for more than the nine games he played last season, and Green wants a contract extension.

The receiver is in the final year of his deal, making $12 million in base salary and counting $15.2 million against the salary cap in 2019.

Green has six 1,000-yard seasons in his eight seasons but had a career-low 694 receiving yards in 2018.

He was running a go route against Dre Kirkpatrick on Saturday when he went down. He got up limping and eventually was carted off the field.

Share this:

hope this report is accurate......aye carumba!

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Boy Wonder has a growing injury severity vocabulary: ranging from "dinged" to "(think) we're going to be OK". 

With the usual meat grinder that is summer preseason, opportunities to expand descriptions will be abundant. 

Ridiculous that they play an extra 1/4 season just to make the league a few extra bucks.  Losing a star player in some meaningless exhibition has to cost a team more than whatever they're making from the die-hards interested in that 4th preseason game.  Between the NFLPA & the owners I'm not sure why they don't shorten it or just get rid of it entirely.  

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Ridiculous that they play an extra 1/4 season just to make the league a few extra bucks.  Losing a star player in some meaningless exhibition has to cost a team more than whatever they're making from the die-hards interested in that 4th preseason game.  Between the NFLPA & the owners I'm not sure why they don't shorten it or just get rid of it entirely.  

I thought it was just a light practice up in Dayton. 

12 hours ago, HOF dan said:

Good Lord........this just keeps getting harder and harder to take!!

I haven't posted since losing our first round pick (again) and then Boling, but this is beyond snake bit.

Please make it stop........dammit!!

I told my son yesterday that he'll have 6 weeks of heartache and headaches if he worries about who's going to get injured in pre-season. Just wait and see what we have for the season and root for what we've got.

The problem with that philosophy is that unlike the consistently successful teams, we haven't had the coaching staff that has the strategy to win with backups and other adversity. We need everything to be perfectly in place, the stars have to align and have serious devine intervention. Maybe the new coaching staff will eventually instill more faith. Maybe they will actually change their game plan based on who is available in the line-up.  And actually game plan differently for each opponent.

Archived