Green out 16 to 18 weeks (update 4)

3 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Not to beat a dead horse but that is one sorry-ass headline for a team just entering training camp in July.   If that is really a problem there never was any "fire".   No excuse to be on the ledge over one player unless it's a QB.  I know AJ is probably our best offensive weapon but if there's one roster group with some depth it's our skill players on O.  Missing him for even 3-4 games shouldn't be a death knell like this, that's some weak shit.  

tumblr_p110lpn4hl1qbj6jho4_250.gif

Yobq98h.gif

18 minutes ago, Griever said:

Well...who steps up in a big way to fill the void besides Boyd?

Erickson? Ross? Malone? Core? 

I suppose "nobody" could be a legitimate answer...:glare:

They savior will be Tyler Eifert..., for 2 or 3 games. 

Does anyone, besides me, find it odd that AJ got a second opinion and then immediately had surgery, without the coaching staff seemingly aware of the surgery. 

Rapaport reported the surgery, not a local beat writer so it seems like no one affiliated with the team knew in advance of the surgery.  

The Bengals medical staff doesn't have the best track record with diagnosing and treating injuries,  besides they are employees of the Bengals who ultimately have the Bengals best interest at heart. 

6 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

12+ weeks is what the Bengals fans should expect from a guy who is a free agent at the end of the season.  

& I'm starting to think a swift exit in free agency.  Why would you not go get paid more to play for a better team?  I guess there's the benefit of low expectations or being able to sometimes botch a catch for an interception & know everyone will blame the QB.  On a more talented team he would be held accountable instead of being treated like a guest of honor just for showing up.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

& I'm starting to think a swift exit in free agency.  Why would you not go get paid more to play for a better team?  I guess there's the benefit of low expectations or being able to sometimes botch a catch for an interception & know everyone will blame the QB.  On a more talented team he would be held accountable instead of being treated like a guest of honor just for showing up.

I agree that AJ might be gone after this season,  especially with the way elite WR's are getting paid these days...see Michael Thomas. 

Does MB want to pay a 30 year old WR with an extensive injury history atleast 18+ million a year? I seriously doubt it,  but there are multiple teams that would gladly do just that. 

The Bengals failing to lock up Green before the Thomas deal and injury is going to haunt them, I think it increases the chances that he goes into free agency instead of re-signing with the Bengals. 

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

I always lol @ these squawking heads and their clickbait-driven op-eds. Guys get drafted, they sign contracts, they play--regardless whether the team is #1 or #32. If the guy produces, he gets offered a new contract. If he signs it, he continues to play for that team. 

Why is it, that these asshats (and some fans tbf) think that, because Player X is really good, lower teams have the obligation to place him on whatever other team is a "winner" at the time they are "winning"? For that matter, why do they (or the fans) care what is "owed" to the overpaid entertainers?    

12 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Why is it, that these asshats (and some fans tbf) think that, because Player X is really good, lower teams have the obligation to place him on whatever other team is a "winner" at the time they are "winning"? For that matter, why do they (or the fans) care what is "owed" to the overpaid entertainers? 

Nobody is saying that the Bengals need to place him on a better team.  He will be an FA so most people simply think Mike Brown won't pay him enough to keep him in based on  today's WR market.  And to be honest, unless this team and Dalton look good and are improving during the year, I can't blame Brown for not overpaying Green to stay considering his recent injury history.

Archived