Green out 16 to 18 weeks (update 4)

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

He would only be owed that if we pick up the 5th year option.

I was thinking trade but I guess it'd be their option instead of ours, to make a counter-offer or just cut him instead.   I don't think anyone is paying Ross $16M next year.

The sad thing is we have plenty of cap space and can easily afford to pay Ross his 16 mil. That doesn't mean he deserves it but he'll get it. Bengals are currently about 14 mil under the cap for this season and can roll that into 2020. We're about 60 mil under the cap for next year. If we had traded Dalton and Glenn this year we'd carry about 26 mil forward and without their salaries on the cap for 2020, we'd have been 112 mil under the cap. But still not able to recruit top free agents.

52 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

It's probably a safe bet that any cap space will be earmarked for players already on the roster.   Whether that's someone deserving like AJ or just the path of least resistance like Ross remains to be seen.

Don't forget about the rookies and the half a billion they need to sign FA during the season in case someone gets hurt.

2 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

the half a billion they need to sign FA during the season in case someone gets hurt.

We both know the budget for this is zero.  We'll go to war with what we have, even if what we have is Great-Grandpappy Brown's rusted sabre from the Spanish-American War.

• SF2 changed the title to Green out 16 to 18 weeks (update 4)

At this point I have no problem with AJ wanting to leave if Dalton is as well.  10 year vet wet nursing either Finley or a rookie QB?   I know Larry Fitz is doing it with Murray but Arizona isn't Cincinnati and Fitz's legacy and HOF jacket is already hanging in the ready room. 

3 hours ago, fluhartz said:

fuck this shit

this team is tiring 

Agreed, it’s getting exhausting paying attention a franchise that, top to bottom, seems genuinely uninterested in even playing, let alone competing. 

I have always been an AJ fan...this latest “setback” makes me highly suspicious. 

And, nauseated.

2 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

Agreed, it’s getting exhausting paying attention a franchise that, top to bottom, seems genuinely uninterested in even playing, let alone competing. 

I have always been an AJ fan...this latest “setback” makes me highly suspicious. 

And, nauseated.

Send them to Sacramento. We're dumb enough to cheer on teams that always lose.

13 hours ago, SF2 said:

At this point I have no problem with AJ wanting to leave if Dalton is as well.  10 year vet wet nursing either Finley or a rookie QB?   I know Larry Fitz is doing it with Murray but Arizona isn't Cincinnati and Fitz's legacy and HOF jacket is already hanging in the ready room. 

I wouldn't blame anyone wanting out.  Why would they take hits for this organization? I won't be surprised if the #1 overall pick refuses to play here.  

26 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

They can't do that anymore...CBA and all that.

Yep, they would have to sit out entire year and re enter next years draft.  Teams can only trade picks not players on draft day. 

Green could even end up having surgery if it doesn't heal to the point he can play without pain and swelling.  The fact that he didn't opt for surgery says he is trying to come back.  Still, there is zero reason for him to take any chances considering the Bengals situation.

Archived