Bengals vs Chiefs preseason game thread...

3 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Sure he was playing against scrubs, but that was a pretty clean series by Finley.  Certainly better than Driskel.  With all the negative press he's been getting (even by Knobson), it's nice to see he's got some confidence.

Maybe he’s not a good “Practice player.” That would have put him in Marvin’s doghouse.

1 minute ago, HavePityPlease said:

What the fuck are they talking about?  "Do you go by the RULE, or do you <insert bullshit about deciding the game based on situational nonsense>"

I mean, it's obviously that 2nd mess & has been for a long time.  Discussing the arbitrary (at best) officiating is a good thing.

this is why you don't send a boy to do a man job,the Bengals have hired an experienced coach instead they a guy who is clueless. Zac taylor looked lost out there tonigh and it did not get any better from there,and the defense has not changed from last year.it is going to be long football season,and another wasted year.

Not a meaningless game from what I read on another site.   "...couldn’t get onto the field until multiple iterations of the offensive line were already used."

I missed the majority of the game but from what I understand, the offensive line was a major focus of the game.  This would have been a bad way to judge individual talent on the line but may be a good way to judge a type of scheme.

Here are a few observations:

- Taylor's offense is going to be a sight to behold, very creative and going to attack defenses in various ways.  On one play he had 8 guys on the line in a power blocking scheme and the next play he's going 5 wide. 

- Dalton looked very comfortable only had one play that I'm sure he wishes he could get back, when he underthrew a wide open WR that would have been a TD, but the DB tipped it because Dalton threw a duck. 

- The quick passing game will help the offensive line and Dalton,  definitely pick up Tyler Boyd in your FF league. 

- The young WR's are coming into their own, Core, Malone, Erickson, and Tate all made some big plays. They seem more confident and sure of themselves. 

- Jefferson and Evans are athletic but seem like they study game tape very much, they have no awareness are very slow to read and react to any type of shift or motion. 

- The LB's are still a work in progress and got exploited early and often,  it's going to be interesting to see how they progress this preseason. 

- I hope Clayton is ok, he's a key member of the team. 

Overall there was only one major injury and the offense scored a TD on their only drive with the 1's and they were without Mixon, Green,  and Eifert so I would say it was a success. 

12 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Interesting stuff, got a couple questions/comments:

- The quick passing game will help the offensive line and Dalton

More than it has the past 5+ years? Because that's really been the gameplan for as long as he's been here.  3-step drop & pray he doesn't get hit too hard.  Fully expect him to miss games again this year behind our discount OL.

they were without Mixon, Green,  and Eifert  (!?!?!?!?)

As they have been since the year 2015? I do like the idea of him being a strictly passing-down guy, they probably should've done that a long time ago.  At this point though they're afraid to even play him and I don't see how you keep carrying someone like that on a limited roster.  By any rational measure he should be retired before he cripples himself any further.

40 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

- Taylor's offense is going to be a sight to behold, very creative and going to attack defenses in various ways.  On one play he had 8 guys on the line in a power blocking scheme and the next play he's going 5 wide. 

- Dalton looked very comfortable only had one play that I'm sure he wishes he could get back, when he underthrew a wide open WR that would have been a TD, but the DB tipped it because Dalton threw a duck. 

- The quick passing game will help the offensive line and Dalton,  definitely pick up Tyler Boyd in your FF league. 

- The young WR's are coming into their own, Core, Malone, Erickson, and Tate all made some big plays. They seem more confident and sure of themselves. 

- Jefferson and Evans are athletic but seem like they study game tape very much, they have no awareness are very slow to read and react to any type of shift or motion. 

- The LB's are still a work in progress and got exploited early and often,  it's going to be interesting to see how they progress this preseason. 

- I hope Clayton is ok, he's a key member of the team. 

Overall there was only one major injury and the offense scored a TD on their only drive with the 1's and they were without Mixon, Green,  and Eifert so I would say it was a success. 

Good post.  

Archived