Big year for Dalton, but he's not feeling any extra pressure

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

The obvious follow up question...however I was asking IC--as he has for years Spock-like known the inner minds of players and coaches. 

Gonna have to side with Le T here.  If Dalton makes the team this year he will have amassed $83 mil in career earnings just with his contract. I am sure he has tremendous desire to win but I doubt he feels that much pressure.  He plays in Cincinnati and the rest of the country and media really don't give a shit about us.  There really is no expectation that this team do much this year and Finley isn't going to magically make the O line better than Dalton.  The only pressure he probably feels is to not get permanently crippled this year. 

13 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Gonna have to side with Le T here.  If Dalton makes the team this year he will have amassed $83 mil in career earnings just with his contract. I am sure he has tremendous desire to win but I doubt he feels that much pressure.  He plays in Cincinnati and the rest of the country and media really don't give a shit about us.  There really is no expectation that this team do much this year and Finley isn't going to magically make the O line better than Dalton.  The only pressure he probably feels is to not get permanently crippled this year. 

Oh for sure, agree completely there. Just going for the easy joke.

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Have you seen how he plays when he is under pressure?

There's only a very small handful of guys that don't play like that under pressure. It definitely doesn't make him unique in this league. 

12 minutes ago, spicoli said:

There's only a very small handful of guys that don't play like that under pressure. It definitely doesn't make him unique in this league. 

Agree...it would be interesting to see Dalton behind a healthy Cowboy or Steeler line..

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

On that note, really looking forward to the inevitable Ryan "Way Better Than Andy Dalton" Finley threads the first time AD throws an interception. 

53 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I mean have you seen his stats vs the future personal trainers and insurance salesmen that he's been playing against?

:D

He does look much better than Driskel,  which isn't saying much but that's all we needed.  Good chance he ends up playing given our OL situation & we can find out if he's actually got NFL starter potential.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If Finley is Dalton II BUT he handles pressure situations better he would eventually be an upgrade. Not yet and he has a lot to learn but at least potential exists where with Driskel there was none.

If Finely is Dalton II and we go 5-11 or so then he will be our starter next year and Dalton will be gone.  Bengals have Finley the next 4 years at an average of $675,000 per year.  No reason to resign Dalton if Finley can do the same thing at 1/30th the cost over the next 3 years.   I am skeptical he is but I haven't seen anything to make me think he is a complete turd yet. 

10 minutes ago, SF2 said:

If Finely is Dalton II and we go 5-11 or so then he will be our starter next year and Dalton will be gone.  Bengals have Finley the next 4 years at an average of $675,000 per year.  No reason to resign Dalton if Finley can do the same thing at 1/30th the cost over the next 3 years.   I am skeptical he is but I haven't seen anything to make me think he is a complete turd yet. 

I definitely think Finley is the next in line for the starting job once Dalton's contract is up. The opportunity to save money is too great to pass up and we all know Mike Brown covets that more than winning.

I think we will see Finley get some action with the big boys this year, they have  to see what he can do. So far he has looked good with the second stringers but we need to see him when the games actually matter and teams are game planning against him.

He has started his career off in the right direction and seems to be a great fit for what the coaching staff wants to do. 

7 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I think we will see Finley get some action with the big boys this year, they have  to see what he can do.

I think so too but I don't think they'll have any choice in the matter.  No way Dalton plays 16 behind this trash OL.

Archived