Andrew Luck retiring.....

LOL at this "millenial" shit like he's the first or even 100th player to act entitled.  It's not even close to generational, it's just the NFL & pro sports culture in general. Give a 21 year old a million dollars and a TV commercial, good chance he's gonna get a little sloppy. If anything it's harder to get away with shit now. We can talk about Jim Thorpe if you want but after that it's a steep downhill grade into 4-game suspensions & "we haven't seen the tape." 

UEb7sTd.jpg

7 minutes ago, Cat said:

Damn, Troy - dropping profanity on social media? I like it! 

I like it too. Gottlieb is a hack dipshit and I am happy and actually a little shocked the Troy called him out.

Anyone bitching about Luck retiring is a dumbass. 

I think it's presumptuous to assign Luck's current "mental defeat" to something that he's been harbouring for months.  I think it's only fair to him to believe him when he says he didn't "break" until this camp and preseason period began.  From the information I've seen he developed a calf injury in March or so and it just never got better.  Considering it's not on his historical injury list I think it's fair to believe he thought it wasn't going to linger like it did.

I also don't give him a full pass on his injury history; I believe we've all watched him go for that extra yard, or refuse to slide and instead dive head-first, or take a hard sack rather than slide out of the pocket.  You can call it brave, or stupid, or stubborn, but you certainly can't call it soft.  Keep in mind that another reason he's had it so bad is that he typically would come back way too soon, or play with pain with injections (including coming back in the same game after a concussion).

Call it delayed self-preservation, but he's doing the right thing for his life now so good luck to him and I won't miss having to watch the Bengals play against him.

Last March Luck claimed he loved this team and couldn't wait to be back. Season tickets sales jumped.  Last week he said he would be playing (pre season game) if the game was on Monday, that is how close he was to getting back according to Luck.  Not true.   The Colts' fans are pissed because they always get lied to.  Listening to a guy proclaim he is tired at age 29 is rather laughable.  Dude missed an entire season after hurting his shoulder snowboarding not because of football.  If he wants out fine but waiting until 2 weeks before the start of the season is ridiculous after blowing smoke up the fan's asses.  By the way, laughing at Colts fans for thinking this guy was the next Manning. 

The only folks that should be pissy about Luck retiring is Jim Irsay and Colts front office.  And they all seem to be feeling for the guy.  The Colts could ask for $20 million+  bonus money back from Luck but not doing it.  They were willing to put him on IR if he wanted to postpone the decision for a while.  And it appears this has been a discussed topic for awhile between Luck and them.  I know fans and all are upset and I get that, but I believe down the road many will realize that instead of waiting every year to see if Luck can play or not it allows everyone to move forward. 

19 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

The only folks that should be pissy about Luck retiring is Jim Irsay and Colts front office.  And they all seem to be feeling for the guy.  The Colts could ask for $20 million+  bonus money back from Luck but not doing it.  They were willing to put him on IR if he wanted to postpone the decision for a while.  And it appears this has been a discussed topic for awhile between Luck and them.  I know fans and all are upset and I get that, but I believe down the road many will realize that instead of waiting every year to see if Luck can play or not it allows everyone to move forward. 

Asking for the money back would nullify his contract.  They still own him and if he does want to play again they own his rights.  They can keep or trade him for something of value. 

20 hours ago, T-Dub said:

:laugh:

I think a whole lot of the angst we're seeing over this is because the ESPNFL were trying so hard to fluff him into the next big thing.  All their true star QB's are 35+

Et tu, Brute? Forgotten about Ryan Finley already have you?

2 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Et tu, Brute? Forgotten about Ryan Finley already have you?

:D

If the OL looked solid I'd say trade him to Indy for all their draft picks and the entire contents of Smoking Goose's meatlocker over on Dorman St.   It's worth the gout.  

ECnPIApUcAAaUQa.jpg

PastelUniformAllosaurus-size_restricted.

16 hours ago, Hooky said:

And he has a real degree from Stanford. Could probably make a shit ton doing scientist stuff.

I predict that as President, Andrew Luck will create an epic amount of jobs in the ever expanding football analytics market.

15 hours ago, Cat said:

Damn, Troy - dropping profanity on social media? I like it! 

That was fucking sweet. Gottlieb's opinion was so one-sided. He deserved the verbal Twitter "beatdown" he received...from a MULTIPLE concussion ex-QB, and not only one of the greats but a truly insightful commentary guy for the games. Some may hate him (and I actively detest the Cowboys, mostly cuz can haz stupid owner) but I think he's top 3 color NFL guys who's opinion I lend total merit to.

10 hours ago, westside bengal said:

This is a big deal that Colts fans need to understand. Luck didn't spring this on them all of a sudden so much as the team graciously grew into accepting Luck's decision. I don't care what anyone says, I wish we could swap ownership with the Colts. Unsure if Andy Dalton would receive the same level of respect if he surreptitiously retired (or the boos, although I've heard rumors that Dalton's retirement would trigger Millenial fans into cheers) due to personal Ginger reasons...

6 hours ago, oldschooler said:

"Tyler Dragon" is a cool handle. Dre saying what he said is also cool. Dre is like a eunuch version of Adam Jones. Whether that's good or bad is debatable.

6 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Is Gottlieb going to be able to keep his job?

4 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Is it possible this is as a result of pressure from his Amish community?

LUCKFAC1_medium.jpg

If you had a view from behind, you'd see there's a triangle-shaped reflector that's surgically attached to his head. It has subsequently caused his bald spot to occur, and his entire face is being pulled backward due to the weight of the anchoring device, which is why he grew the awful beard in the first place. If you approach Luck from behind in your buggy coming home from Wal-Mart you will CLEARLY see the orange triangle n his head in the light of your oil lamps. A tip of the cap and a "thank you for your service" will suffice. Yes...I am baked...

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

:D

If the OL looked solid I'd say trade him to Indy for all their draft picks and the entire contents of Smoking Goose's meatlocker over on Dorman St.   It's worth the gout.  

ECnPIApUcAAaUQa.jpg

PastelUniformAllosaurus-size_restricted.

Very problematic. You simply cannot own a spaceship granted to you from an advanced society and not feel physically ill by NOT paying $10 fr an Impossible Whopper. Which is pretty good, by the way.

Archived