Andrew Luck retiring.....

1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

So fucking true!

Everyone gets why he quit, that isn't the issue.  It was him waiting until 2 weeks before the season began to bail out.  Worse was most of his teammates found out DURING the game.  They were sitting on the sidelines and their phones blew up.  I guess letting Adam Schefter know before your teammates was more important. 

He has every right to live the life the way he wants and to quit on his own terms but showing up at a pre season game like everything is good only to be found out during the game was stupid.  His teammates deserved way better than that. I had a boss quit on us out of the blue one day to go to a competitor.  Had to come in on Saturday and call his clients and meet with them over the next 2 weeks.  Didn't get an extra dime out of it.  Classless douche.  Now the Colt offense will have to scramble to try and get a gameplan in for Brissett.  

I am tired of athletes that think their shit doesn't smell and whatever they do the fans are supposed to kiss their asses.  Fuck Andrew Luck, he is douche.  

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Everyone gets why he quit, that isn't the issue.  It was him waiting until 2 weeks before the season began to bail out.  Worse was most of his teammates found out DURING the game.  They were sitting on the sidelines and their phones blew up.  I guess letting Adam Schefter know before your teammates was more important. 

He has every right to live the life the way he wants and to quit on his own terms but showing up at a pre season game like everything is good only to be found out during the game was stupid.  His teammates deserved way better than that. I had a boss quit on us out of the blue one day to go to a competitor.  Had to come in on Saturday and call his clients and meet with them over the next 2 weeks.  Didn't get an extra dime out of it.  Classless douche.  Now the Colt offense will have to scramble to try and get a gameplan in for Brissett.  

Sounds like you're still upset with your old boss more so than Luck.

Maybe he planned to announce it after the game, as not be a distraction, but Schefter got the scoop? 

Maybe try some empathy instead of judging him without all of the facts. 

35 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Sounds like you're still upset with your old boss more so than Luck.

Maybe he planned to announce it after the game, as not be a distraction, but Schefter got the scoop? 

Maybe try some empathy instead of judging him without all of the facts. 

Empathy for what?  Aren't the facts out yet?  Maybe the facts about his shoulder will finally come out (he hurt is snowboarding).  So how did he get hurt this time?  It wasn't at practice by the way.  The guy quit out of the blue. Certainly his right but doesn't mean I have to like it as a fan or feel sorry for him. 

It is why I watch college sports more and more and professional sports less and less.  Pro athletes more and more are about their brand and don't give a shit about their team.  It is why I no longer watch NBA basketball, something I loved to do when I was younger.   

Luck isn't one of these guys by the way, he just should have decided to retire earlier this year and let his teammates and team know.  All these sports broadcasters and athletes acting like this was  a gut wrenching decision make me laugh, dude was tired of being hurt and quit WAY ahead.  Got no problem with that but his timing SUCKED.   At least Palmer gave us a  heads up.

By the way, I am supposed to have empathy for an NFL QB?  Has it gotten to the point that we are supposed to feel sorry for a guy who made $100 mil playing football?  I will feel empathy for the family of the 2 children killed by the asshole who stole a police cruiser after stabbing someone then ran into their car in Dayton last night.  You go put your Andrew Luck jersey on, light a candle and pray he gets all better.  The poor multi millionaire. 

53 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I am tired of athletes that think their shit doesn't smell and whatever they do the fans are supposed to kiss their asses.  Fuck Andrew Luck, he is douche.  

Man, if your Boss had died, they would have advertised his position before they ran his obituary.  If Andrew Luck had broken his back, the Colts would have not given a shit about replacing him.  Ask Peyton!

22 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Man, if your Boss had died, they would have advertised his position before they ran his obituary.  If Andrew Luck had broken his back, the Colts would have not given a shit about replacing him.  Ask Peyton!

Give me a break, Manning was cut on March 7th not August 25th.  He had surgery on his neck and there was a good chance he would never be the same.  They couldn't afford to keep both and everyone knew Manning was going to land on his feet. 

The Colts let Luck keep $24 million he had not earned yet.   Other than that, they are bastards LOL.  How many companies let you leave with a year's salary YOU HAD NOT EARNED!  God the Colts are evil.

I can't wait to hear you guys standing up for Rothleisberger after he hangs them up!

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Empathy for what?  Aren't the facts out yet?  Maybe the facts about his shoulder will finally come out (he hurt is snowboarding).  So how did he get hurt this time?  It wasn't at practice by the way.  The guy quit out of the blue. Certainly his right but doesn't mean I have to like it as a fan or feel sorry for him. 

It is why I watch college sports more and more and professional sports less and less.  Pro athletes more and more are about their brand and don't give a shit about their team.  It is why I no longer watch NBA basketball, something I loved to do when I was younger.   

Luck isn't one of these guys by the way, he just should have decided to retire earlier this year and let his teammates and team know.  All these sports broadcasters and athletes acting like this was  a gut wrenching decision make me laugh, dude was tired of being hurt and quit WAY ahead.  Got no problem with that but his timing SUCKED.   At least Palmer gave us a  heads up.

By the way, I am supposed to have empathy for an NFL QB?  Has it gotten to the point that we are supposed to feel sorry for a guy who made $100 mil playing football?  I will feel empathy for the family of the 2 children killed by the asshole who stole a police cruiser after stabbing someone then ran into their car in Dayton last night.  You go put your Andrew Luck jersey on, light a candle and pray he gets all better.  The poor multi millionaire. 

So you must love when college football players don't play in the bowl games because they are trying to protect their brand and don't give a shit about their team?

That shit happens all the way down to high school players.

Colleges use players to make money, pro teams use players to make money.

The teams have no loyalty to the players (they would cut Luck in a second if he wasn't the best choice and they could save money), so why should the players have it back?

Poor multi-billionaire owners

and I don't give two flying fucks about Andrew Luck or the Colts. I just think your take on this whole thing is wrong.

So agree to disagree... 🍻

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Give me a break, Manning was cut on March 7th not August 25th.  He had surgery on his neck and there was a good chance he would never be the same.  They couldn't afford to keep both and everyone knew Manning was going to land on his feet. 

The Colts let Luck keep $24 million he had not earned yet.   Other than that, they are bastards LOL.  How many companies let you leave with a year's salary YOU HAD NOT EARNED!  God the Colts are evil.

I can't wait to hear you guys standing up for Rothleisberger after he hangs them up!

So the fact that they didn't even give him a chance to see if he could come back makes it better?  You just proved my point and you are so corporate you don't even realize it. He built that franchise and Lucas Oil Stadium.  Not surprised.  

Not going to your bowl game is total BS however only 10 guys sat out last year's bowls games.  In their defense, there are way too many shitty bowl games.  Nobody sat out a legitimate bowl but I still don't agree with it.

Colleges only make money on football and men's basketball.  Ohio State competes in 30 sports and has a total of 1038 student athletes: 564 men and 474 women.  MOST of the players don't play men's football or basketball.   They use the money from the two main sports to SUBSIDIZE the other 28.  Less than 1% of Ohio State's scholarship athletes go pro, 86% of them GRADUATE.    More scholarship athletes become doctors than become professional athletes by FAR.  The college bashing is ridiculous. 

I don't give a shit about the owners, I care about fans and teammates.  Of course the owners are the ones making the poor abused athletes millionaires. 

I don't care about Luck either but I sure as hell don't need Troy Aikman Aaron Rodgers  and Bo telling me I need to give two fucks about him and if I can boo or not. 

23 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

So the fact that they didn't even give him a chance to see if he could come back makes it better?  You just proved my point and you are so corporate you don't even realize it. He built that franchise and Lucas Oil Stadium.  Not surprised.  

He made $171 million playing for the Colts.  Give me a fucking break.  There isn't a franchise in the NFL that would NOT have drafted Luck in that situation.  The San Diego Chargers did the exact same thing to Drew Brees when he hurt his shoulder, they kept Rivers and let Brees go. Nobody cried about that.  All I can say is that if were Cam Newton, it would be a different story. 

BTW, Lucas Oil stadium is a multi use facility much like the Superdome that is used year round.  It is the exact opposite of Paul Brown Stadium.  It was a great investment for the city of Indianapolis UNLIKE PBS.  They have 27 events scheduled for the rest of the year, PBS has 8 football games and very small event later in the season. 

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He made $171 million playing for the Colts.  Give me a fucking break.  There isn't a franchise in the NFL that would NOT have drafted Luck in that situation.  The San Diego Chargers did the exact same thing to Drew Brees when he hurt his shoulder, they kept Rivers and let Brees go. Nobody cried about that.  All I can say is that if were Cam Newton, it would be a different story. 

Karma must give a shit, since both Brees and Manning won Super Bowls, and the chargers and Indy are both Luckless!  Pun intended!

20 hours ago, SF2 said:

Well, we know the Colts are going to "land on their feet" as well. It's hard to lose money running an NFL franchise, ask Mike Brown. What will poor Jim Irsay do.

Luck could have gotten hurt at any time, and the situation would have been the same. The whole "He screwed his teammates" angle is laughable. Brissett was always a snap away from being the starter.

Signing bonuses may be prorated over the life of the contract for cap purposes, but they are not paid out that way. If you cut a guy you don't get the money back. He "earned" that money the day he signed. The same day Irsay sent out the letter telling season ticket holders to pay up. If he had a career ending injury leaving the building that day, they'd have cut him in a heartbeat and he'd have kept the money.

40 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Well, we know the Colts are going to "land on their feet" as well. It's hard to lose money running an NFL franchise, ask Mike Brown. What will poor Jim Irsay do.

Luck could have gotten hurt at any time, and the situation would have been the same. The whole "He screwed his teammates" angle is laughable. Brissett was always a snap away from being the starter.

Signing bonuses may be prorated over the life of the contract for cap purposes, but they are not paid out that way. If you cut a guy you don't get the money back. He "earned" that money the day he signed. The same day Irsay sent out the letter telling season ticket holders to pay up. If he had a career ending injury leaving the building that day, they'd have cut him in a heartbeat and he'd have kept the money.

If you hate rich owners and the way these teams operate then the only team you should be a fan of the Green Bay Packers.

The “he could have gotten hurt and the same thing would have happened” analogy is nonsense. You don’t choose to get hurt, Luck decided to hang it up with an minor ankle injury.  

On 8/24/2019 at 11:24 PM, oldschooler said:

On December 10, 1989, Seattle Seahawk WR Steve Largent caught the 100th (and final) Touchdown pass or his career, making him the first human to ever reach that plateau. It happened at Riverfront Stadium in Cincinnati, in the back of the south end zone.

I saw it. I was there.

Bengal fans gave Largent a huge standing ovation, in spite of us losing that game.

Whether you agree with Luck's decision, or the manner he reached it, or even the timing.... Colt fans booing him as he walked off his own field for the final time was a classless act.

Tomorrow will be Luck's final NFL game.  Don't know if he's traveling with the team, and if he is I'm expecting he's certainly not dressing or playing.  But if he's there, I wholeheartedly expect Bengal fans to show him the respect he is due, and applaud his accomplishments, talent, and career in the manner that he should have seen when he stepped off the Lucas Oil field last week.

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

If you hate rich owners and the way these teams operate then the only team you should be a fan of the Green Bay Packers.

The “he could have gotten hurt and the same thing would have happened” analogy is nonsense. You don’t choose to get hurt, Luck decided to hang it up with an minor ankle injury.  

How the hell do you know it's minor?  Pain is subjective.  Effects everyone differently.  By every indication he was trying to rehab and get back.  It wasn't working and he was miserable.  He doesn't owe anyone shit. 

Yeah, I'm sure he didn't want it to come out that way either.  Someone probably squealed to Schefter.  The media doesn't care.  They are only out for themselves, just like players, teams, and owners.  If you don't realize that I really can't help you.

32 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Yeah, you should hate those guys smart enough not to further mutilate their bodies for your enjoyment.  :ninja:

You think NBA and MLB players mutilate their bodies?  LOL.  And yes, they are paid huge amounts of money to entertain me the paying fan.  They know the risks and the MASSIVE rewards when they sign their contracts.  You male worshipping fan boys need to get a room, break out the baby oil and have at it. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

How the hell do you know it's minor?  Pain is subjective.  Effects everyone differently.  By every indication he was trying to rehab and get back.  It wasn't working and he was miserable.  He doesn't owe anyone shit. 

Yeah, I'm sure he didn't want it to come out that way either.  Someone probably squealed to Schefter.  The media doesn't care.  They are only out for themselves, just like players, teams, and owners.  If you don't realize that I really can't help you.

I never said he owned anyone shit. He made his money and quit.  He played 6 seasons and will be forgotten soon. Why you guys think he is great is beyond me.  Ken Anderson was great, Luck is just some dude who made his money and got out.   Why you guys have hard on for Andrew Luck is beyond me.  

7 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:
On December 10, 1989, Seattle Seahawk WR Steve Largent caught the 100th (and final) Touchdown pass or his career, making him the first human to ever reach that plateau. It happened at Riverfront Stadium in Cincinnati, in the back of the south end zone.

I saw it. I was there.

Bengal fans gave Largent a huge standing ovation, in spite of us losing that game.

Whether you agree with Luck's decision, or the manner he reached it, or even the timing.... Colt fans booing him as he walked off his own field for the final time was a classless act.

Tomorrow will be Luck's final NFL game.  Don't know if he's traveling with the team, and if he is I'm expecting he's certainly not dressing or playing.  But if he's there, I wholeheartedly expect Bengal fans to show him the respect he is due, and applaud his accomplishments, talent, and career in the manner that he should have seen when he stepped off the Lucas Oil field last week.

Hey: I was there too. You were right behind me😄

That was the "You Don't live in Cleveland" day IIRC? 

Agree with all points. 

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

You have the perfect avatar....you are grumpy as shit...😂

LOL, get off my lawn Andrew Luck you quitter.   And I simply don’t understand the hero worship for a QB who played 6 whole season. 

Archived