Andrew Luck retiring.....

"Mentally worn out". This goes beyond simply getting hit/injured. Many players have experienced that--plus the media/fan bullshit--but keep going because they love the game. 

Once that goes, there is little sense to continue on with it. Good on this wonderful young man.

Interesting to me that teams cut players under contract all the time and "it's a business" but when it's the player making that decision we act like they're on suicide watch.   

Granted the timing couldn't be shittier for the team, but fuck the Colts & every other NFL franchise for that matter.  These owners don't give 2 shits about the players once they're no longer useful.  Dry those crocodile tears.

9 minutes ago, gupps said:

Anyone know if he will owe the Colts any money back?

Not sure but I don't think so.  I guess they could try going after some of the signing bonus from his extension?  Considering the less ethical ways he could've handled this it's probably in everyone's best interest to just shake hands & call it a day.

40 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Not sure but I don't think so.  I guess they could try going after some of the signing bonus from his extension?  Considering the less ethical ways he could've handled this it's probably in everyone's best interest to just shake hands & call it a day.

The Colts are hoping he will return after a year or two, once he heals up and gets bored with whatever he will be doing besides playing football so they won't go after the bonus money.

2 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

The Colts are hoping he will return after a year or two, once he heals up and gets bored with whatever he will be doing besides playing football so they won't go after the bonus money.

He could also unretire, get the roster bonus next week, then come down with a mysterious season-ending gooch injury. 

5 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

That would be quite dishonorable behavior from Capt. Luck, mother would definitely not approve. 

:laugh:

I think a whole lot of the angst we're seeing over this is because the ESPNFL were trying so hard to fluff him into the next big thing.  All their true star QB's are 35+

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

:laugh:

I think a whole lot of the angst we're seeing over this is because the ESPNFL were trying so hard to fluff him into the next big thing.  All their true star QB's are 35+

They've got some good young talents waiting in the wings; between Mahommes, Wilson, and Watson they will be just fine....but they are all...well never find...I forgot that I'm living in a post-racial America..so yeah.  

20 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

They've got some good young talents waiting in the wings; between Mahommes, Wilson, and Watson they will be just fine....but they are all...well never find...I forgot that I'm living in a post-racial America..so yeah.  

Riight.  Let's say "less marketable".  

To bring it back home, Dalton totally has the "aw shucks", small-town (Katy is really just west Houston but n/m) thing going for him, but can come off a little awkward/goofy.   Then again so does Manning, but the rings make up for it.  I could absolutely see AD ending up as one of those guys who is better known for their post-football careers.  Obviously I'd prefer the ring solution.

The ball washing going on for a guy who only played 6 seasons and bailed on his team 1 week before the season started is astonishing.  If Cam Newton did this he would be vilified.  It must be nice to be a multimillionaire millennial. Way to fuck over your team asshat. 

17 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The ball washing going on for a guy who only played 6 seasons and bailed on his team 1 week before the season started is astonishing.  If Cam Newton did this he would be vilified.  It must be nice to be a multimillionaire millennial. Way to fuck over your team asshat. 

Would you feel this way if the Colts had released or traded him to Buffalo "for salary cap reasons" ?   This is how the modern NFL operates, don't expect the players to be the nice guys. Luck is being villified from what I've seen, which I think is a joke.  I doubt the Colts were really that surprised.  I doubt we're getting more than half the story, for that matter.  Fuck the Colts :shrug:

Cam just seems off to me, IDK what it is about him.  Never really been in trouble that I can remember but on the field he reminds me of Marmalard Rivers or Big Jen, throwing a duck and then screaming at the WR or looking at his thumb like it's talking to him.   Did the Chargers take a year off or what? We won't see their new stadium this season unless it's a playoff game :ninja:

river.jpg

40 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Would you feel this way if the Colts had released or traded him to Buffalo "for salary cap reasons" ?   This is how the modern NFL operates, don't expect the players to be the nice guys. Luck is being villified from what I've seen, which I think is a joke.  I doubt the Colts were really that surprised.  I doubt we're getting more than half the story, for that matter.  Fuck the Colts :shrug:

Cam just seems off to me, IDK what it is about him.  Never really been in trouble that I can remember but on the field he reminds me of Marmalard Rivers or Big Jen, throwing a duck and then screaming at the WR or looking at his thumb like it's talking to him.   Did the Chargers take a year off or what? We won't see their new stadium this season unless it's a playoff game :ninja:

river.jpg

LOL, yeah teams release or trade franchise QBs 1 week before the season starts all the time. Most important and typically highest paid player on the field is the QB. If Luck’s heart wasn’t in it he should have bailed in February. 

I dont give a shit about the Colts but this guy just totally fucked his team.  

Archived