Damion Willis and Michael Jordan will start at Seattle. Billy Price will not

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

And you only seem to post to bitch about others bitching.  Pot, meet kettle. 

It's the annual thing he does where he makes fun of everyone predicting anything less than 14-2 & then somehow winning the championship game in both conferences.  Don't worry, he'll be noticeably absent when we're 3-7 :P

59 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Ross switched to #11 

Yeah I vaguely remember reading about it, but he hasn't been wearing it so.. 

Let's go, Damion "Way Better than John Ross" Willis!  I think we should've retired 15, knowing what we do now about CTE & how things went down for Henry, but any Bengals jersey # should be something to live up to as far as that goes..

tl;dr  LOL ROSS :pst-min:

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

It's the annual thing he does where he makes fun of everyone predicting anything less than 14-2 & then somehow winning the championship game in both conferences.  Don't worry, he'll be noticeably absent when we're 3-7 :P

Naw, I’ll be here to fuck with you regardless.  Something about watching a bitcher bitch incessantly is a good diversion from my real work.  😂😂

12 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

This is the only logical reasoning for only going with 4 LB's

However, not sure what they will do, when Brown inevitably gets hurt...Vigil has to carry a huge load (and probably gets hurt)...Evans gets steamrolled...and the rookie is all that is left. 

And, Fej almost always has to fill in at some point for an injured safety, so there is that too. 

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

This is the only logical reasoning for only going with 4 LB's

However, not sure what they will do, when Brown inevitably gets hurt...Vigil has to carry a huge load (and probably gets hurt)...Evans gets steamrolled...and the rookie is all that is left. 

It's a passing league. The Patriots only kept 5 LBs on their 53 man roster and they play a 3-4 Defense.

If all of that happens to our LBs, I'm not sure picking up one cast off from the waiver

wire is going to miraculously save us. Do you?

Of course I wish we were more stacked with better LBs. But I don't think keeping

Hardy Nickerson or Jefferson was better than letting them go just for the sake of 

having 5 LBs.

14 hours ago, oldschooler said:

It's a passing league. The Patriots only kept 5 LBs on their 53 man roster and they play a 3-4 Defense.

That's a thought; we could see more hybrid defenses with a mobile 3rd DE playing over the TE or off the line.   Makes some sense with the DE depth.  They had Geathers playing like that quite a bit at one time, with mixed results.  Seems like you're giving away midfield either way with 2 true LBs, not matter where you go heavy elsewhere, DL or DB.  It's fine to say most NFL teams are some form of nickel defense first (3-3 or 5-2) but not on a 3rd & short.   Nickel LB's also have to be good in coverage since they have more field to, well, cover..  & that ain't us.  

Assuming they really intend to play defense with 4 LB's, I guess give them credit for not trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole but if you don't have any round pegs that means you are left with holes.  30 pts a game-sized holes.

51 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That's a thought; we could see more hybrid defenses with a mobile 3rd DE playing over the TE or off the line.   Makes some sense with the DE depth.  They had Geathers playing like that quite a bit at one time, with mixed results.  Seems like you're giving away midfield either way with 2 true LBs, not matter where you go heavy elsewhere, DL or DB.  It's fine to say most NFL teams are some form of nickel defense first (3-3 or 5-2) but not on a 3rd & short.   Nickel LB's also have to be good in coverage since they have more field to, well, cover..  & that ain't us.  

Assuming they really intend to play defense with 4 LB's, I guess give them credit for not trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole but if you don't have any round pegs that means you are left with holes.  30 pts a game-sized holes.

Indeed. It’s like basketball is now a position 1-5 game. Gone are the days of conventional PG-SG-SF-PF-C.

16 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Indeed. It’s like basketball is now a position 1-5 game. Gone are the days of conventional PG-SG-SF-PF-C.

Yeah, like there aren't many true centers from what I can tell & that lets these smaller, agile guys run the lane.   It's a dunking league :ninja: 

To that point, I think we're going to be missing Burfict as much as Whit now.  Beyond the LOS our defense has looked like tissue.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Willis went from day 1 starter to free agent in two months, he fell out of favor quickly. 

I was very surprised by his release, although he'll probably come back as a practice squad player assuming he isn't claimed.  I guess he has kinda fallen off the map after the buzz at the beginning of the season.  Still, I would have expected Stanley Morgan being the one released.  Maybe Stanley is more valuable to the team now due to his Special Teams play?

On 10/23/2019 at 10:56 PM, PatternMaster said:

Willis went from day 1 starter to free agent in two months, he fell out of favor quickly. 

He back.

The Cincinnati Bengals have signed wide receiver Damion Willis to the practice squad and subsequently released cornerback Anthony Chesley from it. 

Willis, who measures in at 6-3 and 204 pounds, is a rookie out of Troy who was a college free agent signee of the Bengals in May and had opened the season on Cincinnati’s active roster before being waived on Wednesday. He played in all seven games with two starts this season and recorded nine grabs for 82 yards.

Chesley, a rookie, was a college free agent signee of the Bengals in May out of Coastal Carolina, and he spent Games 1-7 on Cincinnati’s practice squad.

I’d venture to guess we’ll see Willis back on a 53-man roster at some point this season. Hopefully, it will be for the Bengals, as he showed a lot of potential in the preseason after a strong training camp, similar to what Auden Tate did last year before bouncing between the active roster and practice squad. That turned out pretty well for the Bengals.

Archived