Damion Willis and Michael Jordan will start at Seattle. Billy Price will not

19 hours ago, oldschooler said:

We have our issues with recent first rounders, but labeling Billy Price a “bad pick” at this juncture is foolish. I’m willing to let him have another few weeks, let alone an entire season or two to prove he is not a  bad pick.

11 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

What's with the non sequitur? Price has nothing to do with the point. 

Trey is a good football player--and was at Texas. He played decent at center, but was way sub-par at guard a year ago. Now he is coming into serviceable/solid NFL level. Good for him. After 5 years, one hopes the development succeeds. 

Price has everything to do with it because he was drafted in the first round to be the starting center and was that guy, when healthy, all last year.

You seem to be taking veiled shots at Hopkins, for whatever reason, but this is from the new Head Coach on why he chose Trey over Price:

What did Hopkins do to set himself apart?

“He’s been consistent over the course of his career. He’s done a good job, whether that be at guard or at center. He’s earned his spot. It’s been more about him raising his level of play than it has been about anyone not playing well. He’s earned that spot. We have a lot of faith in him, and we’re going to continue to have a lot of faith in him moving forward. It’s an opportunity that he’s earned.”

Clearly the front office and coaching staff think that Trey has been better than sub-par and don't believe his play has faded when he's gotten the opportunity to play. 

The past regime would play players based on the their tenure and draft position vs. their talent and on field production....It's a New Dey

2 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

We have our issues with recent first rounders, but labeling Billy Price a “bad pick” at this juncture is foolish. I’m willing to let him have another few weeks, let alone an entire season or two to prove he is not a  bad pick.

Price wasn’t a bad pick, he was an unnecessary one. Probably quite a few teams would like to have Price right now. 

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Price has everything to do with it because he was drafted in the first round to be the starting center and was that guy, when healthy, all last year.

You seem to be taking veiled shots at Hopkins, for whatever reason, but this is from the new Head Coach on why he chose Trey over Price:

What did Hopkins do to set himself apart?

“He’s been consistent over the course of his career. He’s done a good job, whether that be at guard or at center. He’s earned his spot. It’s been more about him raising his level of play than it has been about anyone not playing well. He’s earned that spot. We have a lot of faith in him, and we’re going to continue to have a lot of faith in him moving forward. It’s an opportunity that he’s earned.”

Clearly the front office and coaching staff think that Trey has been better than sub-par and don't believe his play has faded when he's gotten the opportunity to play. 

The past regime would play players based on the their tenure and draft position vs. their talent and on field production....It's a New Dey

Price has nothing to do with the original observation I made--you brought Price into it. That is a non sequitur. I don't give two shits who plays center, whatever their draft position is. Seems to be a hang-up for many people here though. 

Enough about Billy Price.  

Go back and read the exact post you quoted: you must look for missing punctuation to change a statement, as it is clear there is no ambiguity on my part that I believe Trey is a good football player, has gotten better as time has progressed, and appears to be heading to another level. It has taken 5 years to do it. And he was subpar at guard last season, and OK at center. Nothing "veiled" about any of it. 

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Price has nothing to do with the original observation I made--you brought Price into it. That is a non sequitur. I don't give two shits who plays center, whatever their draft position is. Seems to be a hang-up for many people here though. 

Enough about Billy Price.  

Go back and read the exact post you quoted: you must look for missing punctuation to change a statement, as it is clear there is no ambiguity on my part that I believe Trey is a good football player, has gotten better as time has progressed, and appears to be heading to another level. It has taken 5 years to do it. And he was subpar at guard last season, and OK at center. Nothing "veiled" about any of it. 

Whatever you say...

I'm not reading too much into Hopkins over Price.  Price was injured and he's behind as a result.  Hopkins has done enough to get the first shot but it is subject to change down the line.  

Willis starting is a legit surprise but he's done nothing except make plays so far.  Seems like they are not going to play Ross anytime soon and Malone and Tate haven't separated from the pack.  It also means Stanley Morgan lilek won't make the team out of camp.  

I'm willing to accept the growing pains if the greenhorns have upside and aren't drawing penalties every game.  Not sure how you give a 3 year extension to a guy that can't remember the snap count but we could still see a move at OT.  Having both Williams and Sample out is really setting us back.  What's Eric Winston up to?  It'd be awesome if they decide not to IR Williams but I'll be happy if we get AJ back.

Archived