Moved the following two players to the Reserve/Injured list:

Moved the following two players to the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list: 

Moved the following player to the Reserve/Suspended by Commissioner list:

Deleted the following vested veteran:

• G John Jerry

Waived the following players:

With those players out, here’s what the 53-man roster looks like right now:

Roster is far from settled and I expect at least 2-3 waiver claims at OL, RB, and/or LB.  Very doubtful we see 11 DL when it's all said and done.  I'm mildly surprised we are keeping 3 QB but we probably thought another team might steal Dolegala before we could get him on the practice squad.

Only five linebackers and one is Nickerson?

That's going to change via waiver wire or trade.

All those D linemen ... some trade bait there.

I'm basically OK with it.

Thought Jefferson would stay over Nickerson for special

teams and all the cap money at risk.

Is Redmon still on the team because they can't waive him while suspended?

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Ross provides next to nothing but represents a huge chunk of dead money, so they're going to pay him even more money in the form of game checks so they don't feel like the money already spent was wasted.  But it was.  

You've got little templates made up for your posts, and then you just stick whatever player you feel the most pissed at that day in, don't you?😂😂

29 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

You've got little templates made up for your posts, and then you just stick whatever player you feel the most pissed at that day in, don't you?😂😂

:D       I see them making good roster moves on one hand, going with the younger dudes with big potential, but on the other still overly invested in  "name" guys they haven't been able to count on in literal years.. if ever.  I'm not pissed at Ross, he's a multimillionaire & shouldn't give half a fuck what I think anyway.  Not sure why you do either?  I'm not mad, I'm over being disappointed..  To be honest it's more half dark comedy/drama & half exhibition/WWE to me, probably has been since the 2015 WC.  That game really drove what the NFL is & the Bengals place in it.  Maybe even more so, how comfortable the owner(s) were with that.  That was the time to blow things up & it still feels like half-measures now. 

tl;dr i think my expectations are understandably low but your enthusiasm is genuinely appreciated

3 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Not surprised the Bengals kept 3 QBs. With that OL I suspect all three will see the field this year. 

Trade bait?  If they can't protect a QB just pay some never-was vet to be a punching bag for whatever is left of the season.  Don't throw some talented rookie to the wolves.

Archived