9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Ross provides next to nothing but represents a huge chunk of dead money, so they're going to pay him even more money in the form of game checks so they don't feel like the money already spent was wasted.  But it was.  

He was a single digit draft choice.  His entire contract to include game checks are guaranteed.  They could try and trade him but they would still probably be on the hook for a lot of his game checks.  

5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He was a single digit draft choice.  His entire contract to include game checks are guaranteed.  They could try and trade him but they would still probably be on the hook for a lot of his game checks.  

:Why-min:

Honestly thought that was just a thing they did for signing bonus accounting & they actually had to suit up for some of the money regardless of draft position.  

Either way the money's spent & they aren't getting anything out of him.  We could put in a claim for Keelan Doss instead, it's an easy jersey change.

10 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Who?  Andy?  No one is trading anything significant for a rookie QB that has never played a down in the league. More likely they are willing to trade a veteran DL. 

Nahh..  they aren't trading anyone.

1 hour ago, Michigan Muskie said:

I could see the Bengals taking a shot at someone like Dakota Allen at LB. High-ceiling player who dabbled in burglary ... fits right in the mold. I wouldn't hate it.

I like him. He's from very near where I live now. Got kicked from Tech, then made it back there by learning from his mistakes.

1 hour ago, Michigan Muskie said:

I could see the Bengals taking a shot at someone like Dakota Allen at LB. High-ceiling player who dabbled in burglary ... fits right in the mold. I wouldn't hate it.

Cincy Jungle agrees with you

Dakota Allen: Another now former Ram, Allen was Los Angeles’ seventh-round pick this past April and was a top-10 graded linebacker by PFF for rookies with at least 100 snaps logged this preseason (75.4). Allen was a surprise cut, but can now help the Bengals in a big way.

ANYBODY > Hardly Nickerson, please

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Ross provides next to nothing but represents a huge chunk of dead money, so they're going to pay him even more money in the form of game checks so they don't feel like the money already spent was wasted.  But it was.  

When you put it in these words it really brings to light some of the madness that surrounds this franchise. 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

:Why-min:

Honestly thought that was just a thing they did for signing bonus accounting & they actually had to suit up for some of the money regardless of draft position.  

Either way the money's spent & they aren't getting anything out of him.  We could put in a claim for Keelan Doss instead, it's an easy jersey change.

I am in same boat as you. If they can get anything they should.  Erickson is a reliable #4 and is very quick with sure hands.  Phillips can turn into a solid return guy. 

5 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Next years draft should be, in no particular order - OL,LB,OL,LB,OL,LB,OL

And then sign a couple of free agents that 1. Can play & 2. Aren't coming here to rehab injuries.

Hanging everything on unproven rookies usually leads to disappointment. If the goal is winning games and not just filling jerseys that is...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-release-greg-robinson-reportedly-205618718.html

Browns waive OLT Greg Robinson

Go git 'em??

Browns release Greg Robinson, reportedly plan to bring him back

A surprising name popped up on the NFL’s transaction wire on Sunday.

The Browns released Greg Robinson a week before he was expected to start at left tackle against the Titans in the first game of the 2019 season. According to multiple reports, however, the team plans to re-sign him in time to play in Week One.

Robinson moved into the starting lineup for the second half of the season and re-signed with the Browns in February. That contract called for a $5.5 million salary and Robinson had a cap number of $7 million.

21 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

4 LB's on roster? Suppose there is a logic here (and I'm sure bringing extra safeties in will come up in conversation).

Yeah we're gonna be a nickel defense..  for the 5 minutes it takes Seattle to realize they can just run us over.  

40 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

4 LB's on roster? Suppose there is a logic here (and I'm sure bringing extra safeties in will come up in conversation).

I am sure if they had a 5th LB who was somewhat decent, they would be carrying 5. That was not the case. Give them credit for accepting that fact. 

Credit has nothing to do with it. Water is wet, as the saying goes. 

I am simply curious as to how they are going to operate with a combination of four LB's--when one is a rookie, another constantly injured, an OK type (who is also injured a lot), and a barely passable ST-type? 

8 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Credit has nothing to do with it. Water is wet, as the saying goes. 

I am simply curious as to how they are going to operate with a combination of four LB's--when one is a rookie, another constantly injured, an OK type (who is also injured a lot), and a barely passable ST-type? 

It is early days yet, they will find another LB. Clearly the 6th round pick was not ready nor were any of the UFAs so you keep the better players at other positions and adjust later

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

It is early days yet, they will find another LB. Clearly the 6th round pick was not ready nor were any of the UFAs so you keep the better players at other positions and adjust later

Which completely makes sense. 

One wonders however, if after the musical chairs end over the next day or so, that the LB will not be just a guy with the position description by his name. Otherwise, as you mention, no need to force a square peg into a round hole.

Archived