It’s officially Game Week! Beat the Seahawks!

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Add in the fact the SeaRats have won 10 straight home openers and their 8 linebackers are probably all better than anything we have...,

Yikes...

Honestly man, my hope is that Boy Wonder miraculously becomes the next messiah of NFL Head Coaching.

If he could somehow get this team in a position to win each week (despite lacking talent in important areas) I guess I can live with that. It is year one with cleaning up this mess of a franchise, I'm just hoping the cleanup happens sooner than later.

The Bengals are going  to have a big test of their physical and mental toughness on Sunday. It will be interesting to see how they respond to the crowd noise and physical nature of the game.

On offense the Seahawks are going to want  to pound the run as their WR corp is inexperienced and banged up, the defense will have to bow their backs and make them pass the ball. On defense the Seahawks have a solid front seven but can be beat in the long passing game. 

Can the Bengals protect Dalton long enough to give him enough time to find the open guy and can they run the ball enough to stay out of 3rd and long situations which will allow the pass rush and crowd noise to become a factor?

We shall see Sunday afternoon. 

43 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Why is our toughness being tested any more than any other game?

The 68,338 fans that packed into CenturyLink Field set the world record Sept. 15 for noise at an outdoor sports stadium at 136.6 decibels, propelling the Seahawks to a rousing 29-3 home-opening win over NFC West rival San Francisco.   I think this about sums it up.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Why is our toughness being tested any more than any other game?

Cue: hyperbolic sports narratives. 

I agree with you, btw. Every game will present a unique challenge and “toughness” is one facet of a team’s composition that will invariably be tested.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Something different than the poor tackling & blown coverages we saw in the preseason would certainly be welcomed.

All part of the plan.  Lull the seagulls into a false sense of security.

:lol: 

31 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

"Chase Canadian geese around. And a huge mug of granular asphalt" 

"Granular asphalt. Yeah, that's it" 

Fucking media. Smdh 

Waco Kid: “Oh you know..., Play chess..., Screw.”

Sheriff Bart: “Let’s play chess!”

I’m confused this season. Our roster is better than the Seahawks. I know it’s a road game but there is this sentiment that we don’t have a chance. 

They have a better QB and OL and LBs

we have a better RB WR TE DL Dbs

They have Russell Wilson and Tyler Locket on offense. Jadaveon Clowney an Bobby Wagner on D. 

7 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I’m confused this season. Our roster is better than the Seahawks. I know it’s a road game but there is this sentiment that we don’t have a chance. 

They have a better QB and OL and LBs

we have a better RB WR TE DL Dbs

They have Russell Wilson and Tyler Locket on offense. Jadaveon Clowney an Bobby Wagner on D. 

Our skill players will only be as good as the O line.  If Glenn doesn't play it will be bad.  A Mixon/ Bobby Wagner match up is intriguing.

I don't think our D line will be more effective than theirs.  They play a hybrid 4-3 using a pure outside speed rusher and have WAY better linebackers than we do.  We play a traditional 4-3 and our linebackers looked horrible in preseason.  Their 7 players at the defensive line of scrimmage are simply better and faster than ours overall.   Clowney is better than Dunlap, Wagner is better by a giant margin than any of our LBs.  Mingo is better than any of our LBs.  Atkins is better but Seattle can game plan him if they don't have to worry about our linebackers. Hopefully they have a plan for Pratt and Lawson to try and do something. 

Who knows how Ross or Willis will play, total unknowns.  Mixon is better than Chris Carson but not by a wide margin, its easy to overlook West Coast NFC teams and their players.  

And if you look at the most important position,  QB, there is no way you would ever choose Dalton over Wilson.  

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Our skill players will only be as good as the O line.  If Glenn doesn't play it will be bad.  A Mixon/ Bobby Wagner match up is intriguing.

I don't think our D line will be more effective than theirs.  They play a hybrid 4-3 using a pure outside speed rusher and have WAY better linebackers than we do.  We play a traditional 4-3 and our linebackers looked horrible in preseason.  Their 7 players at the defensive line of scrimmage are simply better and faster than ours overall.   Clowney is better than Dunlap, Wagner is better by a giant margin than any of our LBs.  Mingo is better than any of our LBs.  Atkins is better but Seattle can game plan him if they don't have to worry about our linebackers. Hopefully they have a plan for Pratt and Lawson to try and do something. 

Who knows how Ross or Willis will play, total unknowns.  Mixon is better than Chris Carson but not by a wide margin, its easy to overlook West Coast NFC teams and their players.  

And if you look at the most important position,  QB, there is no way you would ever choose Dalton over Wilson.  

Mingo plays for the Texans now. 

We don't know what system we will use. There is talk we might run essentially a 5-2 with Hubbard Atkins Billings Glasgow Lawson in the 5 spots. Not sure where Dunlap is in that situation. 

20 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Mingo plays for the Texans now. 

We don't know what system we will use. There is talk we might run essentially a 5-2 with Hubbard Atkins Billings Glasgow Lawson in the 5 spots. Not sure where Dunlap is in that situation. 

Right, Mingo part of Clowney deal. It will be interesting to see how this works considering they have never done it live in an actual game as far as I know. 

Archived