Packer v Bears talk

55 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

But it provides more opportunities to sell advertising via commercials....after all it's a business first and foremost. 

Yeah I have no doubt that this was the #1 consideration.  It's the perfect in-game cliffhanger.  My favorite part is the network's ex-ref "rules analysts" contorting themselves trying to justify the post-replay decision, no matter which way it goes.

"well the call goes against what everyone in the stadium or watching TV can see plain as day, and defies very basic laws of physics & reality in general, but this was a good call because (slurping noises intensify)"

6 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I've watched three football games in the past week or so.  All sucked ass.  When does hockey season start?

Amen to that. I used to watch all sports, now I'm down to football, hockey and rugby. And football is hanging on by a thread. And this PI review may push me over the edge. Rugby even is starting to get bogged down with reviews also.

6 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

But it provides more opportunities to sell advertising via commercials....after all it's a business first and foremost. 

Exactly. It's annoying how it's a major production to review a call. They should just have some officials in a booth behind the scenes to catch horrendous calls and non-calls and radio down. If they had that in the NFC game, we wouldn't have to suffer this knee jerk decision to review PI. Also, this would stop coaches being penalized for challenging obvious bad calls. In the TNF game, the packers had to burn their final challenge on a blatant bad call with 4 or 5 minutes left.  So if there was another critical bad call after that, they're screwed. 

9 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I've watched three football games in the past week or so.  All sucked ass.  When does hockey season start?

Preseason starts a week from Tuesday. 

For me, the English Premier League has already completed 3 match weeks of its season. They are on a two-week international friendlies break, so matches won't begin again until next weekend.

Haven't seen any college football games...that bad, eh? 

Archived