WEEK 1: BENGALS @ SEAHAWKS

On 9/11/2019 at 7:22 AM, oldschooler said:

The purpose of the question is I was wondering why you thought a quote from Dave Shulla from

27 years ago was relevant to this thread.

And if you were impressed by that quote in the same way people are impressed by Taylor

and the effort this team just put forth, then that is sad.

It's like you're disappointed that people have hope.

Hope is always a good thing. I was hopeful too in 1992--even though I was in just as much disagreement with the unloading of Sam as I am with the ML unloading**. In other words, have seen the movie before. Taylor (he is no more going to be referred to as BW) may be the greatest of all time, he may be Shula. We shall see. He shouldn't be here in the first place, but what it is, it is. Here's to hope!  

**The owner of this site has his disagreement with the herd as to Palmer and Bratkowski. It is no crime against humanity to disagree here either. 

37 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Hope is always a good thing. I was hopeful too in 1992--even though I was in just as much disagreement with the unloading of Sam as I am with the ML unloading**. In other words, have seen the movie before. Taylor (he is no more going to be referred to as BW) may be the greatest of all time, he may be Shula. We shall see. He shouldn't be here in the first place, but what it is, it is. Here's to hope!  

**The owner of this site has his disagreement with the herd as to Palmer and Bratkowski. It is no crime against humanity to disagree here either. 

It's never a crime to disagree.  Some people tend to forget this.  We appear to be in rewind mode.  In other words, I could take any number of years in the Bengals past and it would appear no different than today.  LT, not many people have followed the Bengals as closely for as long.  You must remember that.  I almost bet there's a discussion of what type of fan "fill in the blank" is...  What people also forget is that we're all fans of the Bengals and not just those who follow party lines...  With that said, I'm eagerly awaiting the lemming, sheople, loyalty, blind, homer, etc... discussion.  For those who failed to interpret sarcasm, that last line was sarcasm.

40 minutes ago, Numbers said:

It's never a crime to disagree.  Some people tend to forget this.  We appear to be in rewind mode.  In other words, I could take any number of years in the Bengals past and it would appear no different than today.  LT, not many people have followed the Bengals as closely for as long.  You must remember that.  I almost bet there's a discussion of what type of fan "fill in the blank" is...  What people also forget is that we're all fans of the Bengals and not just those who follow party lines...  With that said, I'm eagerly awaiting the lemming, sheople, loyalty, blind, homer, etc... discussion.  For those who failed to interpret sarcasm, that last line was sarcasm.

Careful: Earl doesn't want to see me quoted :lol:

Anyway, my long-standing friend, none of this is about me or anyone else. How many years have we seen the same point-counter-point/I-hate-your-opinion-guts-not-as-much-as-I-hate-yours/I'm right-you are wrong/You are ignorant-no you are/blah..blah..blah? 

This will go on until the last game is ever played...and who knows, maybe long past that? As far as this thread hijack is concerned:

thatsallfolkx.png

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

You really think that after 16 seasons, no playoff victories and 3 straight losing seasons Marvin deserved to stay?  Why?   And before you answer you can't use, "He was way better than what we had before".  That simply does not fly in a league with a hard salary cap.  After 16 years Marvin left a franchise almost nobody cares about or pays attention to.  That is his legacy.  The team played a pretty good game in Seattle and listening to the radio Monday you might have thought Seattle had a bye.

18 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

You keep saying "We shall see" but keep being pessimistic. 

So you're salty the Bengals let Marvin go? That's what it's all about?

So you're just going to keep being that way until The Boy Wonder proves you wrong?

There is no disagreement here. It's optimism versus pessimism.

Being an optimistic Bengals fan is hard. Being a pessimistic Bengals

fan is easy. If you're pessimistic and wrong your team is winning.

I was with Marvin until the 2015 Playoff game. It was time to move on years ago.

Just my opinion. Who-Dey

Archived