Official Cleveland Browns Coronation Game Thread

16 minutes ago, Cat said:

That was my second thought. There seems to be a common thread, which blame was previously placed on the Bengals.

And yes, swinging a helmet at someone's head is the worst thing. But also notice Rudolph went for Garrett's helmet when they were on the ground, and that's when Garrett went after his. Then Pouncey kicking him in the head after Garrett was on his back.

The focus is entirely on Garrett, of course.  I did learn that Pouncey & his brother were allegedly in the same gang as Hernandez at Florida.  

The spin will be that Pouncey was only protecting his QB..  by kicking a guy in the head while he was on the ground, well after his QB was out of the picture.

It's definitely interesting watching them gear up the same cry-bully routine on a player I don't care about.  

Had Rudolph not started the fight, the helmet to head incident may never have occurred.  Yet, what the Steelers did afterwards is being justified by many.  In other words, Steelers starting fight,  good.  Brown's fighting back, bad.  Steelers kicking guy in head and body while down, good.  Brown's hitting guy with his own helmet, bad.

Rudolph, Pouncey, Garrett, and every player involved with throwing a punch, kicking, or helmet swinging hits deserves to be suspended.  However, since we live in fantasy land it won't work that way.

Screenshot_20191115-075853.png

3 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Had Rudolph not started the fight, the helmet to head incident may never have occurred.  Yet, what the Stealers did afterwards is being justified by many.  In other words, Stealers starting fight,  good.  Brown's fighting back, bad.  Stealers kicking guy in head and body while down, good.  Brown's hitting guy with his own helmet, bad.

Rudolph, Pouncey, Garrett, and every player involved with throwing a punch, kicking, or helmet swinging hits deserves to be suspended.  However, since we live in fantasy land it won't work that way.

Screenshot_20191115-075853.png

Fuck him. If that was a bengal swinging a helmet, it would've been all bengals fault. 

Also, Nylon Deion, it's just boys being boys?  Yes, emotions run high, but when a game turns into a street fight and somebody swings a helmet at somebody's head....?  Come on, man! As you idiots say.

Radical idea:

One player should be banned for life. 

Three other players should receive anywhere from 8-16 suspensions + fines.

If the league *seriously* wants to clean this thuggish garbage up, there need to be real consequences. I can’t imagine watching that game with my kid and trying to explain what just happened. 

Plus, there’s a larger societal thing here that seems to indicate we cannot continue to reward shitty behavior, that would in fact land you in jail off the field, with large amounts of money.

19 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Radical idea:

If the league *seriously* wants to clean this thuggish garbage up, there need to be real consequences. I can’t imagine watching that game with my kid and trying to explain what just happened. 

Plus, there’s a larger societal thing here that seems to indicate we cannot continue to reward shitty behavior, that would in fact land you in jail off the field, with large amounts of money.

The NFL has guys throwing pregnant women down staircases.  I think your outrage here is a little misplaced.

39 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Radical idea:

Don't ban them for life, force them to play for the Bengals the rest of the their career. 

37 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Radical idea:

To be honest,  when was the last time something like this happened on the field?  Albert Haynesworth in 2006?  There isn’t much “thuggish” behavior going on to be honest. Been what 160 games so far this year?  Zero have had anything close to this unless you include the Burfict hit. 

True story - the same thing happened in the CFL this year. Toronto QB Vernon Adams (ex Oregon Duck I believe) ripped the helmet off a LB and swung it at him. F*cked up thing was - he only got a 15 yard penalty, NO ejection and he later led a 24 point comeback. The idiot league office had to apologize the next day as the player was suspended for a game. LOL

Garret play was idiotic but as several have noted, bigger issues in the world then that. Some calling for 'criminal charges', what a joke that is. 

1 minute ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

True story - the same thing happened in the CFL this year. Toronto QB Vernon Adams (ex Oregon Duck I believe) ripped the helmet off a LB and swung it at him. F*cked up thing was - he only got a 15 yard penalty, NO ejection and he later led a 24 point comeback. The idiot league office had to apologize the next day as the player was suspended for a game. LOL

Garret play was idiotic but as several have noted, bigger issues in the world then that. Some calling for 'criminal charges', what a joke that is. 

Did he swing it at him or hit him over the head with it?  Kind of a big difference. 

Random thoughts...

I went to bed after the first half and am picking up this morning...

There was one play where there were three helmet-to-helmets on the same play.

One to Mason Reese (what kind of quarterback is named "Mason"?) and Jar Jar Binks-Shrimper

was a helmet sandwich.

Pittsburgh simply could not handle the Cleveland D.  Myles Garrett was on firer and eating Vasco de Gama's

lunch all game long.  Freakish strong pushing him into the backfield every snap.  I don't think Ville ever got help.

He looked like Cedric Ogbuhei.  No kidding.

***and I could not help but think Chase Young is supposed to be better.  And I know the Bengals will fuck up

getting him some way.

Garrett's tackle of Mason Dixon on that play was not that bad.  He pulled him down on top of his body.

I wonder if Tomlin pulled Tom Cruise aside on the sideline and said

"Man up, bitch.  Grow a pair and show that guy you're a Steeler."

New song rising fast on the Country and Western charts, "I'd rather hear a fat girl fart (than see a pretty boy

play quarterback)"

Rudolph the Brown Nose Reindeer suspended (he sure as Hell should be) and Ben comes back from

the grave for Cincinnati after the whole team has a long week off?

Unknown-1.jpeg

BTW, Stealers still suck.

What should happen: 

Garrett suspended from 2 practices. 

Rudolph 3 season ban for inciting a riot. 

Pouncey 3 season ban for attempted murder. 

Stealers organization fined 5 million dollars and lose 3 complete drafts. Forfeit all games this year. 

What will happen: 

Garrett 8 game suspension. 

Bengals organization fined and loss of draft picks for creating this culture. 

Burfict 6 year ban. 

22 minutes ago, saphead said:

What should happen: 

Garrett suspended from 2 practices. 

Rudolph 3 season ban for inciting a riot. 

Pouncey 3 season ban for attempted murder. 

Stealers organization fined 5 million dollars and lose 3 complete drafts. Forfeit all games this year. 

What will happen: 

Garrett 8 game suspension. 

Bengals organization fined and loss of draft picks for creating this culture. 

Burfict 6 year ban. 

And stealers will get a couple of first round hardship picks.

4 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I am happy that Garrett got the rest of the year.

He won't get to kill out QB's

Also looks like we won't see Thugg Life Pouncey and Ogunjobi when we play the Squeels.

Maybe Geno and Carlos can finish the job on Pretty Boy Mason.

He should be suspended, too.

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Did he swing it at him or hit him over the head with it?  Kind of a big difference. 

He swung it at him...missed him if I recall but the 'action' should be penalized regardless of the result. 

The NHL is famous for matching the suspension to the actual injury which is just stupid. We are all waiting to find out what the suspension will be if a player paralyzes another. 

Archived