Official Cleveland Browns Coronation Game Thread

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

Yep, its way easier to let contracts expire and draft replacements than turnover the majority of the ineffective coaches and start searching again.   Don't be surprised to see Dalton back as well. The club must pay to  at least 89% of the cap every year so I can see them keeping him here just to make it to the minimum  IF they can't sign AJ Green and dump Glenn.  Between the 3 that is $30mil in cap spending.  Hard to make up in FA if nobody good wants to come here. 

I would be very surprised at that.  That bridge is well and truly burned, the only way he plays here again is due to injury this season.  He's on the first flight out when it ends.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

I would be very surprised at that.  That bridge is well and truly burned, the only way he plays here again is due to injury this season.  He's on the first flight out when it ends.

Never underestimate the stubbornness of Mikey. "Andy is under contract" will be his response and he probably wont trade him unless the value back is very good because "we dont want to make other teams better". Also, keeping Dalton saves Mikey from having to go out and find another $17M to spend on, as noted by SF2 he takes the path of least resistance. 

3 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Never underestimate the stubbornness of Mikey. "Andy is under contract" will be his response and he probably wont trade him unless the value back is very good because "we dont want to make other teams better". Also, keeping Dalton saves Mikey from having to go out and find another $17M to spend on, as noted by SF2 he takes the path of least resistance. 

All that may be true, probably even, but I can't imagine Andy suiting up for this team next year.  Dude's made millions already & doesn't seem like the type to have been blowing through his savings jus' being rebellion at the scrip club.  I'd bet both he and AJ are packing their bags.

16 hours ago, Cat said:

I know what you mean, and I know what your intent is. I just maintain that the only thing that makes me as happy as a Bengals win, is a stealer loss.

Yeah.  I mean at this point just showing me something would be great. Like scoring over 20 points. Win or Lose if we score 1 offensive touchdown per quarter that would be massive in my opinion. Something we have not done in years. Or at least it feels like it has been years.

2 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

If you want to trigger a random Browns fan, causally mention to them that the 0-11 Bengals might become the first ever Paul Brown -founded team to finish a season 0-fer.

If they bring up 2017, bring up Al Lerner.  Lol.

Did that yesterday while in Cleveland ironically...in a paraphrased way. 

They looked at me like I was speaking Croatian.

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I just always say, "You mean the team that moved to Baltimore,,. the Ravens.?"  They lose their minds.   

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Not surprised.  They've burned too many brain cells, accepting that history can be boxed, and that Park Avenue can waive their hand and deny reality.

Too much tainted Kool-Aid up on the North Coast.  Not to mention all the wife-beating, chain-smoking, alcoholism, and ambulance-chasing going on up there.  Lol.

3 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

What happened to Mayfield? I didn’t get to watch that game. Also, I will be making my annual sojourn up there next week with hubby and the young man.

Nice! Looks like a perfect time to see a win.

He smacked his thumb on Bud Dupree's facemask on a follow thru.....had to leave game. 

Archived