Official Cleveland Browns Coronation Game Thread

The early assurance, is that Freddie will be back, but that "changes will need to be made" or something.

Landry popped an artery at Freddie after a late game 3rd and 5 screen went for 2 yards. And the Hobo was sort of pissy at his presser.."I'm frustrated" blah blah blah  

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The early assurance, is that Freddie will be back, but that "changes will need to be made" or something.

Landry popped an artery at Freddie after a late game 3rd and 5 screen went for 2 yards. And the Hobo was sort of pissy at his presser.."I'm frustrated" blah blah blah  

My son wants him gone.

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

It wouldn't be surprising if they fire Kitchens. He seems a better fit for an OC job than HC.

May be. Wouldn't surprise. Jimmy hasn't fired anybody for over a year. 

That 3rd and 5 screen pass that went for 2 yards was very reminiscent of some 4th down QB draws seen from another supposed offensive wunderkind in another Ohio city. 

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

My son wants him gone.

He has the Sack Master of Sack Masters as the owner. Any day now. 

Kareem Hunt accuses Browns teammates of taking plays off in blowout loss to Cardinals ronald mcdonald laughing GIF

Yahoo SportsDecember 16, 2019, 9:22 PM EST

The colossal disappointment of the 2019 Cleveland Browns season sunk to a new low on Sunday in a 38-24 loss to a last-place Arizona Cardinals team.

The loss dropped the Browns to 6-8 and eliminated their already slim playoff hopes. It also featured a fired-up Jarvis Landry exchanging terse words with head coach Freddie Kitchens, who increasingly looks like a one-and-done candidate as Cleveland’s season spirals out of control.

The Browns receiver and Kitchens both downplayed the interaction after the game.

Kareem Hunt piles on

But a new voice spoke up in Monday’s media session with harsh words for his Cleveland teammates.

[Watch live NFL games on the Yahoo Sports app, here's how]

Running back Kareem Hunt, who joined the team on the field midseason after serving an eight-game suspension for attacking a woman in a Cleveland hotel, accused his teammates of taking plays off on Sunday.

“Yeah, I feel like there were some plays that everybody didn’t leave their 110 percent out there the whole play through the whole play, through the whole whistle,’’ Hunt said, per Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot. “And we’ve all got to do that if we want to be successful.’’

The third-year running back who made the Pro Bowl as a rookie with the Kansas City Chiefs doesn’t see all of his teammates playing up to his standards.

He said so while declining to name names.

“I mean, yeah, I guess so but it’s everybody,’’ Hunt said when talking about players not playing through the whistle. “You can’t point out one person or nothing like that. It’s everybody, and everybody’s got to do their job.’’

Hunt says he hustles every play

He also noted that while he said “everybody,” he wasn’t talking about himself.

“No, I just go out there and play football,’’ Hunt said. “I’m one of those guys that’s going to go out there and lay my body on the line each and every play. I ain’t going to worry about everything else.”

Hunt also praised fellow running back Nick Chubb for “doing a great job.” Chubb is one of the few bright spots on the team and appears headed for a Pro Bowl nod with 1,685 yards from scrimmage and eight touchdowns through 14 games.

Kitchens disagrees

As has been the theme this year in Cleveland, Kitchens wasn’t on the same page as one of his players, telling reporters on Monday that he didn’t see “any quit” in his players.

“Those guys kept fighting,” Kitchens said, per Cabot. “I don’t think there’s any quit in anybody out there. I don’t know how you distinguish that, but I know those guys fought to the very end.”

As for whether his teammates questioned Kitchens’ leadership, Hunt declined to answer in a response that didn’t deny the premise.

“I’m not answering that. I just worry about myself, so I don’t know.”

Actually looking forward to attending the 12-29 game in PBS. Sure, it will be 80% woofers, but that 80% will be only of 40K. They will be entertaining as usual--but fortunately with the disappointment of just being another sub-.500 also ran as opposed to the ultra obnoxious flavor they would be if they were winning anything. Check that--they will be obnoxious regardless, but that's OK.   

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Actually looking forward to attending the 12-29 game in PBS. Sure, it will be 80% woofers, but that 80% will be only of 40K. They will be entertaining as usual--but fortunately with the disappointment of just being another sub-.500 also ran as opposed to the ultra obnoxious flavor they would be if they were winning anything. Check that--they will be obnoxious regardless, but that's OK.   

Well, if we can lock down that #1 pick next weekend, Zac might let loose with the entire playbook.  I might just meet you there and we can take over a lower section or something. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

My son and his roommates are talking about going to this game. I asked if I could go and he said "Uh, well, it's a guys thing, Mom."

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Looking forward to it because we have reservations at Jack Ruby's Steak House after the game.

Late Christmas present for lady friend and her son.

Last game vs the Patriots, dinner reservations at Ruth's Christ Steak House

for my birthday.  Lady friend, her son, my son and  me and she picked up the bill.

My son will be in Florida with his mother and family for the Browns game.

Not very happy about it.

I think we all know the Browns game will be the difference between the first and third pick in the draft.

Ironically, if we end up drafting third rather than first, it will be like all those seasons where it went down to

needing the final game to make the playoffs.

Ironically, too, it is the same atmosphere.

The whole season will be a total bust without Joe or Chase.

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

Well, if we can lock down that #1 pick next weekend, Zac might let loose with the entire playbook.  I might just meet you there and we can take over a lower section or something. 

Section 104, Row 18. Just Amish, me, and several hundred stubhub woofers or stay a quarter before heading to the Pro Shop drop ins. Come on down. 

8 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Section 104, Row 18. Just Amish, me, and several hundred stubhub woofers or stay a quarter before heading to the Pro Shop drop ins. Come on down. 

Sounds like a plan.  I will try to get my boys to come.  Adults so no worries. 

Archived