The Beautiful, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Seahawks Edition

Beautiful

Sam Hubbard, Carlos Dunlap and the D-line.

Good

John Ross.  Take away the drops and he winds up in the "beautiful".  Easily the best game of his NFL career.  It's nice to have a staff that knows how to use him.

Andy Dalton for the most part.  The rain induced fumble really hurt, and he had a ton of tipped passes, but he played well enough to win.

The lack of penalties on the O-line.  

The defense overall.

Bad

Turnovers

Missed FG

Run blocking

Ugly that last call.  There is no way that's a fumble.

In the good or maybe even beautiful, I'd put the coaching staff.  They obviously had a great game plan on both sides of the  ball, they had the players really ready to play, no dumbazz decisions, no blank stares, no disconnects.

In the bad, I'd add Special Teams.  They got suckered several times into thinking punts were shorter than they were and a couple resulting in touchbacks instead of inside the 10.  Erickson didn't have a good game on ST, and not just on the fumble.  Bullock as you already have.  Bad penalties at bad times.

Lastly in the good, I'd say the season outlook just took jump in the right direction.  I think some players that really needed it, got a big boost in confidence.

Finally IDGI on the Dalton hate that's already surfacing...cripes almighty, the dude had a career game and the Bengals would not have even been in the game without him.  You can tell he has a renewed buy-in in Zac's system.  Would be nice for him to incorporate a pump fake to help address the tips, but the OLine needs to keep their man engaged too...you can't let your guy release to get his arms up.

Good

Dalton - Spread the ball around, he does this well when AJ is not playing, hopefully he doesnt go back to locking onto AJ all the time when AJ comes back

John Ross  FINALLY showing up. Lets hope its the start of something special.

Dline was balling and it was good to see Billings finally live up to his "Billing" in a regular-season game.

Bad

Missed FG

Rain induced or not you cant fumble the ball when you are in the red zone and could score

Run Blocking

Ugly 

Dre K losing his cool

Final call on the field

Being someone who generally rips this team a new one, this game was such a breath of fresh air compared to the latter years stench of Merv. The coaches had a good plan on both sides of the ball that utilized the skills we have and tried to not show the weaknesses. The players were inspired, again, not seen in 3 years and played hard. 

Hopefully they play like this every week. Kudos to the coaches and players for a well played game overall in a very tough place to play. The offense could be very good if we had a respectable OL. 

Teams will adjust now so lets see how it goes. But I actually enjoyed watching the team play for the first time in 3 years.

about as happy as I could be with a loss... 

Beautiful:

Dalton was money

Ross contributed in a big way

Defense played some ball today

Browns game

Good:

Gio filling in for Mixon looked really good

O-line.. seriously.. not great, but they were ok and missing players.. adequate will be enough to be a good team

Eifert made plays and didn't get broken

Bad:

Dre.. dumb ass just costs this team all the time

Fat Randy missing a very makable FG that ended up costing huge

Ugly:

The ending.. I mean the Bengals may not have won the game, but they should have had a chance...fucking horseshit call..

#WhoDey

#fuckthestealers

Good: 

• John Ross.  Damn.  Have a game, son.  Keep it coming and shut up the haters like me.
  • Andy Dalton.  Give the guy some time and receivers and he will do well.
  • Defensive Line.  These guys are no joke.  Sam Hubbard was everywhere.

Bad:

• Kirkpatrick.  A holdover from the Burfict/Pacman era.  STFU.  You aren't that good. 
  • Offense blows chances in the third quarter to get a cushion, which comes back to bite them in the ass.

Ugly: 

• Last Play.  WTF?  The rulebook and how they interpret it is a big problem in the NFL.  Saw a couple other plays on the Redzone channel that made me shake my head.

Good effort against a good team in a hostile environment.  Hopefully they can build on this a close teams out in the future.

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Bad:

• Kirkpatrick.  A holdover from the Burfict/Pacman era.  STFU.  You aren't that good.

Seriously! When that stupid penalty occurred I looked at my son and was like "Man, that's some Pacman type shit right there...he even looks like him!"

My first thought was "If I was Taylor I'd bench him"

6 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Seriously! When that stupid penalty occurred I looked at my son and was like "Man, that's some Pacman type shit right there...he even looks like him!"

My first thought was "If I was Taylor I'd bench him"

Somebody pushes you, not once but twice, and you wouldn't shove him back. It's a stupid penalty any way. Players shove each other the whole game and the refs pick and choose when they want to throw a flag. Roughing? It's a shove, it's not a punch or a kick. And yes, I consistently think they're ticky tack regardless of the team. Unless it's the stealers, because fuck them.

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Randy has been pretty good inside 50 yards last year, 17-18. 

I really don't want to see Randy get the blame for the loss.

He is what he is and we all know it.

I would lay the loss more on Kirkpatrick.

I honestly think the Seagulps saw that he is

an egotistical hot head and can be provoked into

doing something moronically stupid very easily.

And they did.

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

I really don't want to see Randy get the blame for the loss.

He is what he is and we all know it.

I would lay the loss more on Kirkpatrick.

I honestly think the Seagulps saw that he is

an egotistical hot head and can be provoked into

doing something moronically stupid very easily.

And they did.

Read my post above. 

Archived