Almost All Positives From Seattle

I have all positives from the players perspective.

I do, however, think the head coach missed an opportunity he may have a great deal of difficulty recovering from.

For example, the Red's head coach, David Bell, has been ejected from 8 games this year. Is the any doubt in the heart of EVERY player that he has their back? Do you suppose they will run run into a brick wall for him?

I think we all agree that Andy got screwed big time in the Bengals final drive when his incomplete pass was ruled a fumble. What a great opportunity in the rookie coaches first game t o stand up for his QB and his team. Can you imagine the players reaction if the coach had come unhinged protecting his QB and gotten ejected from the game?

That would have chipped in to pay his fine. They would've said " Man, this dude's got our back".

Damn shame. Opportunity lost. Players have to be wondering why the head coach let the refs screw 'em and didn't say a word.

Your thoughts?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Bengal7569 said:

I have all positives from the players perspective.

I do, however, think the head coach missed an opportunity he may have a great deal of difficulty recovering from.

For example, the Red's head coach, David Bell, has been ejected from 8 games this year. Is the any doubt in the heart of EVERY player that he has their back? Do you suppose they will run run into a brick wall for him?

I think we all agree that Andy got screwed big time in the Bengals final drive when his incomplete pass was ruled a fumble. What a great opportunity in the rookie coaches first game t o stand up for his QB and his team. Can you imagine the players reaction if the coach had come unhinged protecting his QB and gotten ejected from the game?

That would have chipped in to pay his fine. They would've said " Man, this dude's got our back".

Damn shame. Opportunity lost. Players have to be wondering why the head coach let the refs screw 'em and didn't say a word.

Your thoughts?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Can we dispense with the Andy got screwed in the final drive.  If that play had NOT been ruled a fumble, it would have been 2nd and 4 from the Bengals 31 with 9 seconds left and no timeouts.  Call me a half glass empty type but I seriously doubt we score either a 69 yard touchdown or run a 35 yard play AND get out of bounds to set up a field goal in 9 seconds.  No, not impossible but highly improbable and that game was lost long before the highly questionable fumble with 9 seconds left.   

And coaches screaming like idiots don't accomplish shit and cost their teams calls later in the game or season.  As a referee we do it ALL THE TIME. Coach acts like an asshat, start looking at ways to shut his mouth by inventing penalties or missing calls.   I love when a coach starts screaming at me, license to make his life miserable.  Yeah, it is entertaining though and last time I checked the Reds were 14.5 games out of first place and had the 3rd worst record in the National League.    

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

Yeah, it is entertaining though and last time I checked the Reds were 14.5 games out of first place and had the 3rd worst record in the National League.    

and quite honestly David Bell is going to be damn lucky if he manages to hold onto his job.

color me thoroughly unimpressed with that hire. 

11 hours ago, spicoli said:

right?

he protects his players...that's truly the only strong managerial quality I've seen since he's taken over.

Not the first time I've talked about this but Marvin's reaction (or lack of) during the 2015 WC game is when I think he lost whatever credibility he still had with the players.  I don't want a HC whining constantly like Harbawww or someone like that but if the other guy is headhunting your players it's time to stop fucking clapping.

Archived