Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Bengal7569

Almost All Positives From Seattle

Recommended Posts

I have all positives from the players perspective.

 

I do, however, think the head coach missed an opportunity he may have a great deal of difficulty recovering from.

 

For example, the Red's head coach, David Bell, has been ejected from 8 games this year. Is the any doubt in the heart of EVERY player that he has their back? Do you suppose they will run run into a brick wall for him?

 

I think we all agree that Andy got screwed big time in the Bengals final drive when his incomplete pass was ruled a fumble. What a great opportunity in the rookie coaches first game t o stand up for his QB and his team. Can you imagine the players reaction if the coach had come unhinged protecting his QB and gotten ejected from the game?

 

That would have chipped in to pay his fine. They would've said " Man, this dude's got our back".

 

Damn shame. Opportunity lost. Players have to be wondering why the head coach let the refs screw 'em and didn't say a word.

 

Your thoughts?

 

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bengal7569 said:

 

I have all positives from the players perspective.

 

I do, however, think the head coach missed an opportunity he may have a great deal of difficulty recovering from.

 

For example, the Red's head coach, David Bell, has been ejected from 8 games this year. Is the any doubt in the heart of EVERY player that he has their back? Do you suppose they will run run into a brick wall for him?

 

I think we all agree that Andy got screwed big time in the Bengals final drive when his incomplete pass was ruled a fumble. What a great opportunity in the rookie coaches first game t o stand up for his QB and his team. Can you imagine the players reaction if the coach had come unhinged protecting his QB and gotten ejected from the game?

 

That would have chipped in to pay his fine. They would've said " Man, this dude's got our back".

 

Damn shame. Opportunity lost. Players have to be wondering why the head coach let the refs screw 'em and didn't say a word.

 

Your thoughts?

 

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Can we dispense with the Andy got screwed in the final drive.  If that play had NOT been ruled a fumble, it would have been 2nd and 4 from the Bengals 31 with 9 seconds left and no timeouts.  Call me a half glass empty type but I seriously doubt we score either a 69 yard touchdown or run a 35 yard play AND get out of bounds to set up a field goal in 9 seconds.  No, not impossible but highly improbable and that game was lost long before the highly questionable fumble with 9 seconds left.   

 

And coaches screaming like idiots don't accomplish shit and cost their teams calls later in the game or season.  As a referee we do it ALL THE TIME. Coach acts like an asshat, start looking at ways to shut his mouth by inventing penalties or missing calls.   I love when a coach starts screaming at me, license to make his life miserable.  Yeah, it is entertaining though and last time I checked the Reds were 14.5 games out of first place and had the 3rd worst record in the National League.    

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SF2 said:

Yeah, it is entertaining though and last time I checked the Reds were 14.5 games out of first place and had the 3rd worst record in the National League.    

and quite honestly David Bell is going to be damn lucky if he manages to hold onto his job.

 

color me thoroughly unimpressed with that hire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spicoli said:

and quite honestly David Bell is going to be damn lucky if he manages to hold onto his job.

 

color me thoroughly unimpressed with that hire. 

But Bell goes ape-shit when one of his players is thrown at....isn't that enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Duluoz said:

But Bell goes ape-shit when one of his players is thrown at....isn't that enough?

right?

 

he protects his players...that's truly the only strong managerial quality I've seen since he's taken over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, spicoli said:

right?

 

he protects his players...that's truly the only strong managerial quality I've seen since he's taken over.

 

Not the first time I've talked about this but Marvin's reaction (or lack of) during the 2015 WC game is when I think he lost whatever credibility he still had with the players.  I don't want a HC whining constantly like Harbawww or someone like that but if the other guy is headhunting your players it's time to stop fucking clapping.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to compare getting tossed in baseball vs. Football, and I agree with tdub that it's a fine line between yelling at the line judge and just incessantly whining ala Harbaugh or Carrol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...