Dolphins Letting Minkah Fitzpatrick Seek Trade

Should we be interested?  He's upset that they're teaching him multiple positions (slot CB, boundary CB, LB).  They may only be asking for a 2nd rounder or a 3rd + late rounder.  Multiple teams are interested, Bengals don't seem to be one of them.  Was a really good slot CB last year, our CBs instantly become one of the better groups in the league IMO.  Thoughts?

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

If he's bitching about something like having to move from the slot to outside he's probably bitching about everything else, too.

honestly I think he's most likely bitching about that whole tanking philosophy thing..

9 hours ago, spicoli said:

honestly I think he's most likely bitching about that whole tanking philosophy thing..

That I could understand.  Sign 53 scrubs off the street if the intention is throwing games. Why would any pro worth a damn waste a year of their limited career span on that?

The "tanking" thing is more NBA-ish than applicable to the NFL. It might have an appearance in some rare cases--like Colts/Luck--but you are absolutely correct: no NFL player worth a shit is going to put his individual stats--perhaps leading to his role with another future team--at risk just to aid a franchise to be able to pick that elusive QB.

But, then again, what isn't impossible in the NFL? 

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

There's "tanking" ala NBA...and then there's "fire sale" ala MLB. Looks like the fish are doing the latter. 

Either way, they have abandoned the season and their fans. 

If they get the 2020 draft right though they will be a pretty good team come 2022.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

With Ben done for the year that could be a high pick.

I sure hope so.  I always root for them to be 8-8 so they miss the playoff and don't get a premium pick.  Now, I'm rooting for them to be 0-16..then Miami would have the top two picks most likely.

Archived