Upgrades in progress

I upgraded the forum finally, its a year or more late on that upgrade cause the old server kicked errors endlessly. 

the old theme doesnt work with this version of the forum, so im going to get the upgraded version of that and then customize it again.

apologies for the blue and white colors in the meantime

20 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

I guess I'm the only one having issues but I can't deal with the lag in the site lately. I use Chrome which has never been an issue before and isn't with other sites.

Any tips of how to maximize connection since it seems to be my end? Just bummed cause all other sites seem fine.

are you blocking cookies or anything of that nature? your browser should be caching the theme and basics here, i also moved all posts more than 90-180 days old to a seperate table so they arent attempting to read/write to a 10gb database table on every post, ill dig and see what other speed options i have. do u have a crappy internet connection or aything?

so the base theme laods instantly, but the new GB one seems to load as you scroll, (aka lazy loading) lazy loading is supposed to load the page itself quickly which is for better google results, but loads images and stuff as you scroll..

i hate this..

bothing anyone else? is that the slow loading we are discsing here already?

On 9/21/2019 at 3:38 PM, GoBengals said:

are you blocking cookies or anything of that nature? your browser should be caching the theme and basics here, i also moved all posts more than 90-180 days old to a seperate table so they arent attempting to read/write to a 10gb database table on every post, ill dig and see what other speed options i have. do u have a crappy internet connection or aything?

No, I have a good connection. I dumped my cache and cookies but didn't hep much.

It's during the scrolling when it acts up so I went back to ver 4.2 and it's much better. Thanks for your help.

Archived