The Good, Bad, Putrid 49er

Good:

Ross and Boyd has good games

Dalton actually did better than I thought was possible. One bad pick. 

Bad:

Mixon is AWOL.  So much for the hype. 

Defensive Line was Ineffective 

Putrid:

Our linebackers are utter garbage. They fucking suck. 

Our oline makes our linebackers look great. 

Dre Kirkpatrick should be cut tomorrow.  He is terrible. 

The Good

Ross and Boyd, but Ross was covered by Sherman for most of the game, he needs to work on his routes and not letting the DB get him out of them.

The Bad

Run Blocking is horrible 

The Ugly

Both lines, but the Oline was espcially bad.

Linebackers, Brown had a couple of good plays but some pretty bad ones too

Tackling was horrid

Good:  We scored 17 points.

Bad:  They scored 41 points 

The Putrid: 

1. It's the 49ers and I absolutely hate them as much as the Stealers...

2.  Standby for more quotes from the 90s and comments such as; "bring back Dave Shula." ...

3.  I may have been optimistic when I guessed 4 wins this season...

4.  Multiple discussions on who is a real fan or on what types of fans are there...

5.  Indoor practice field...

6.  Step down Mike Brown...

7.  Aerial banners with cute messages...

8.  Bedsheets from the expressway...

9.  Discussions about raking leaves taking priority over the game...

10.  Draft pick discussion...

11.  Lavar Arrington sightings at the steak house...

12.  Putrid little dick Stealer fans just want to play pile on because their season is sucking too...

13.  Explaining to people who tell you Bengals jokes that you have already heard them all...

14.  Knowing that it's almost another year until you're allowed to dream of our team having a winning season...

15.  Explaining who Dave Shula and Bruce Coslet were.  Also that Dick Lebeau was our Head Coach at one time...

16.  Yes, we're behind the Browns in rankings...  ...and Ravens...

17.  Etc...

3 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Good:  We scored 17 points.

Bad:  They scored 41 points 

The Putrid: 

1. It's the 49ers and I absolutely hate them as much as the Stealers...

2.  Standby for more quotes from the 90s and comments such as; "bring back Dave Shula." ...

3.  I may have been optimistic when I guessed 4 wins this season...

4.  Multiple discussions on who is a real fan or on what types of fans are there...

5.  Indoor practice field...

6.  Step down Mike Brown...

7.  Aerial banners with cute messages...

8.  Bedsheets from the expressway...

9.  Discussions about raking leaves taking priority over the game...

10.  Draft pick discussion...

11.  Lavar Arrington sightings at the steak house...

12.  Putrid little dick Stealer fans just want to play pile on because their season is sucking too...

13.  Explaining to people who tell you Bengals jokes that you have already heard them all...

14.  Knowing that it's almost another year until you're allowed to dream of our team having a winning season...

15.  Explaining who Dave Shula and Bruce Coslet were.  Also that Dick Lebeau was our Head Coach at one time...

16.  Yes, we're behind the Browns in rankings...  ...and Ravens...

17.  Etc...

But other than that?

Good: Stealers are 0-2 also

Dolphins are worse then we are

Bad :Watching the defense was like watching the  Jerome Bettis/flag football  Geico commercial for 60 minutes

Putrid: The oline can't run block but they make up for it by sucking at pass blocking. Price actually got into the game and was promptly flagged for holding while being bowled  over by some niner  dlineman. Whats the over/under for Andy to get crippled? 6 games? 8?

The Good:

- We all learned that we're not crazy (the LBs and OL really are that bad, Andy is still Andy).

- We have a decent center to build around (because we're *definitely* building)

- The coaches learned what *not* to do?  I guess?

The Bad:

- The DL, other than Geno.  Sometimes I feel bad for him that he has no support in games like this.

- Andy making the "wrong" choice so many times it took us out of the game (that we were never really in anyway).

The Ugly:

- Dre Kirkpatrick should be benched immediately.  I honestly think he doesn't fit whatever scheme Anorexyomama is running.  In the past regimes/schemes he could at least be made to cover, but now it seems he's too lost to do that and his true level of pussification is showing when asked to join in on tackles.  Just bench him.

- Our kicker has "the hooks", it seems.  Please bring in competition, thank you.

- Seeing "tackling machine" Preston Brown slapping the opponent on the shoulder as he waltzes in for a TD.  It doesn't get much more disappointing than that.

- The continued degradation of the Bengals defense from the several years of decency we were able to witness back to early-Marv-or-worse levels.  Miles of green green grass for every ball carrier, all the time.

- Seeing the very unique/elite level of jukes/moves that Mixon can put on a guy, but wasted in the backfield so he can grind for a yard or two.

- Having a 4th string "vet off the street" playing LT.   And that's for *our* line, a line that was garbage to begin with.

I could go on, but no point.  Time to start considering what the draft will look like.................

Other teams know we have refried shit at OL & LB, it's not a secret.  I thought Preston Brown being healthy would give us something but he looks tired. At least he looked like he was trying, he made a lot of tackles today even if they were 15 yards downfield.   Our DB's were getting abused, 27 is out there fist-pumping after another SF first down or yelling at a ref when he's nowhere near the play.  Our kicker is sketchy at PATs.  They carry these dead-weight or slapdick players, there's very little accountability & it shows.  Nothing new there.

I saw some good things :ninja:, it was great to see Eifert score another TD even if it didn't matter,  same for Ross.  Boyd wasn't in the gameplan last week so I was relieved to see him doing his thing, made some tough catches. Eifert's new role is a fit & Ross keeps moving forward.  If he gets a little bit of Housh in his game, maybe even get a nice block every once in a while...  I think it's back to the drawing board for the defense but the DL showed up again at times.  Need to stop the run & then worry about getting sacks.  Tackling was as bad as last year so scheme didn't matter much but I think LB's are a thing for a reason, those big boys aren't sideline-to-sideline tacklers and our DB's behind WJ3 aren't doing much.  Bates did have a couple of nice open-field tackles when he wasn't getting torched.

I think we've now seen both the ceiling and the basement for this season.  Still think 8 wins would be a good showing in the end for it being year one of their plan.  4 wins not shock me either.

tldr: :AreYouSerious-min:  💩

10 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

- Seeing the very unique/elite level of jukes/moves that Mixon can put on a guy, but wasted in the backfield so he can grind for a yard or two.

Yeah Gio could've almost broke a couple as well, 2 great backs and no OL is such a drag.

Different week, different team.

The 9ers sat back and dared us to pass, and our o-line couldn't get anything going with the run game. Expect this to have been noticed and repeated for the rest of the year.

On defense, they required discipline, and our defense was undisciplined. Poor gap control, terrible tackling.

I don't know how Taylor gets this team on track again after an ass-whipping like that. At home.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/15/49ers-bengals-good-bad-ugly-recap/?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-her

The Good

— Tyler Eifert got involved early on his touchdown, selling a block first before putting his frame to use on an easy scoring catch.

— Creative screen and route combos from the coaching staff. But some of those were called back on flags or ruined via inept line play. Still, nice to see good creativity, which is more than fans have seen over the past few years.

— William Jackson grabbed a pick, the first by a corner in more than a year. Nice to see some playmaking ability returning to the position.

— John Ross went for an exciting 66-yard score with less than a minute left.  ** a couple of drops that he should have had.  Becoming a part of the John Ross Legend.

--- The traffic out of the parking lot and on the way home out of the game.

The Bad

— No room for the running game yet again early in the game. That ended up being a theme as the game went on.

— Preston Brown whiffed on the first-quarter screen that went almost 40 yards for a score. His game spiraled out of control from there.

— Andre Smith was disastrous for most of the day at left tackle. He wasn’t in Seattle for Week 1, but he imploded at home. John Jerry eventually worked in for him on the left edge.

— Another Randy Bullock miss.

— Andy Dalton started withering near the end of the first half. Almost threw a pick-six, then missed on a big completion to Alex Erickson **overthrew Sample and Tate on what could have been big plays.. On a later drive before the half, threw it right to the other team while on the run.

— The Bengals were outgained 222-8 in yardage during the third quarter, as an illustration of how terrible this collapse was.

--- The officials called an offsides on 62, Redmon.  Probably meant Hart but amusing.

--- The concession crew fills bottles with water from the sinks in the restrooms and sells to dupes in the stands for $3.00.

The Ugly

— The first drive at Paul Brown Stadium this year. Flag on special teams, Andy Dalton sacked, Dalton drops handoff to Mixon, quick pass, punt.

— San Francisco’s first drive? Blown Cincinnati coverage, easy points.

— Tackling. Angles. Blown coverages. Everything about the defense, really. It led to 572 yards of 49ers offense on just 12 drives and 8.4 yards per play.

Injuries to Carl Lawson and others. Michael Jordan was carted offwith a knee injury.

— Teams that start 0-2 virtually never make the playoffs.

--- Where the fuck did all the 49er fans come from?  Even saw Kapernick and Montana jerseys.   Looks like Cincinnati will be the hot road trip for visiting teams.

--- You can't build a team with waiver wire trash and retreads.  This current cluster fuck is directly related to the past number of years of piss poor drafts and injuries to       top picks.

53 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Piqua. Some from as far away as Lexington. 

There used to be a lot of them bandwagon bastards around in the 80s and 90s. I was born there (Vallejo) and hate them.  Then again I only lived there a month so don't remember too much about it. 

Archived